SBR registration

Only if they state that. As the above video states, you need to register, turn them in, reconfigure to turn them into something else, or not comply with their new rules. Tomorrow, when they change their rules again, the same applies.

With a pistol, many states “allow” concealed carry. With any other classification of firearms, you cannot legally CC. SBRs, SBSs (short-barreled shotgun), AOW (all other weapons), and destructive devices (usually rifles over .50 cal, grenade launchers, mortars, explosives, etc.) are heavily regulated by the ATF, and require registration and payment of $200 to obtain a tax stamp. Also there is an additional FBI background check that usually takes 6 months or more, which includes obtaining your fingerprints. That last part is not an issue for me, as I have probably been fingerprinted more than most criminals.

The other issues with NFA items is how you are “allowed” to travel with them, and transfer them (sales and heirs, etc.). As I do not own any NFA (that I am aware of), I do not know all their rules about them.

It is just one more control over our lives. Ostensibly it was because criminals could more readily conceal an SBR or SBS, than a full-size rifle or shotgun. The ATF definition, here, of a pistol does not even mention length of barrel. It does state that it is designed to be held in one hand, and a couple of other factors, none of which involve size.

I have more links to the ATF site pages, here, on another thread, that provide more information.

5 Likes