Ruger Gp100 4.2" holster

Hello, I am looking for a Ruger GP100 Match Champion 4.2" holster. Looking for an OWB holster that I could carry at the 3 or 4 position. I would also be interested in a chest carry option as well. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a quality holster.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is a holster I was looking into, however, I wasn’t a huge fan of the exposed trigger guard. Not sure if that would cause an issue or not. Anyone have this holster by chance and could give me some feedback?

2 Likes

Check out Savoyleather.com. They make really nice stuff. Also, look through the USCCA members discounts. There’s a few holster manufacturers there. Last, ShopRuger.com is a great resource for Ruger accessories.

2 Likes

https://shopruger.com/GP100-Bianchi-Thumbsnap-Belt-Holster-RH-42-Barrel/productinfo/55005/

2 Likes

I saw the one on Ruger’s website, wasn’t sure if anyone had any experience with it. If it was a good quality holster or not.

1 Like

Bianchi makes good quality stuff. The first review that popped up said it fits the 4.2 Match Champion like a glove.

2 Likes

Says it’s out of stock. Hopefully comes back in stock soon.

2 Likes

Check out the holsterpro.com he does excellent work.

1 Like

I’ve got Craft Holster for my 1911 (looks the same as you pictured). I love it… but only because great 1911 deserves great leather holster.
However

• as you mentioned, it doesn’t completely cover trigger guard
  • holster goes flat once the handgun is removed from it. Impossible to re-holster with one hand.

I would not recommend it for everyday carrying.

Check Tucker Gun Leather. They offer every possible holster option.

2 Likes

I’ve been happy with the couple Galco Holsters I’ve purchased. I ended up getting a Kramer horsehide holster for my 66-8, though, since Galco told me they didn’t suggest using the newer 66 in their older 66 model holsters.

2 Likes

I have a GP100 MC 4.2. Excellent firearm. Have an El Paso Saddlery #2 Thumbreak holster. Good holster. Pricey, does not cover trigger guard. But, well made and very good fit.

2 Likes