Rookie gun owner

Welcome. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Cannot go wrong with a Glock and getting training is very smart.

3 Likes

@Kathy25 >> Green Bean tips ;

• never use ATMā€™s at night.
  • never get out of your vehicle if bumped from behind ( shark )
  • keep vehicle doors locked at all times.
  • travel with someone if possible.
  • understand your Stateā€™s fire arms laws IE: duty to inform / red flag.
  • review and understand the USCCA & Delta Defense terms and, conditions for coverage IE: if you plead anything but ( Not guilty ) in a court case involving self defense ; It observes Delta from court costs.
    PS: Gray man look ( inconspicuous ) WOWMAN be like ; gray woman look
    YES
    NO
3 Likes

@Kathy25 >> One more thing ;
Check your spelling, if you donā€™t USCCA has spelling police.

Iā€™m out on bail.

• PS: members use ā€œ SYNONYMā€™S ā€œ because some words are blocked.
    If you find yourself using a particular one ; youā€™ll fit right in.
  • PSS: donā€™t go into a gun shop smelling like Mary Jane , use a good
    cover sent.
    Also try not to use the word ( GUN ) oh zhit thatā€™s a antonym.
4 Likes

You know, Kathy25, you might consider trading one of those Glock 17s in for a Glock 19. Iā€™ll explain why: when I travel, I carry a Glock 19 (15+1) and in my Vertx backpack I have a backup Glock 17 (17+1) and several spare G17 magazines. The G19 can accept G17 mags (but not vice versa). Point is that the G19 is a little smaller, a little lighter, but will accept the mags of my backup weapon. Just my $0.02 worth. Hereā€™s a size comparison for you:

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Dr_G_Robert_Weedon

2 Likes

If I was getting the G19, Iā€™d opt for the Gen 5 version, with MOS (Modular Optic System).
Takes away the knobs on the grip, ambidextrous slide stop lever, reversible mag release button, front serrations, and ability to easily add an optic. Great size and large magazine too.

Damn, now I want oneā€¦

4 Likes

The Glock hump, shave it off. Thatā€™s what I like about the MR920, you get backstraps that get rid it of or add the hump.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Kathy, always carry your firearm and continually train

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Doug48

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome to being one to help protect everyone. Congratulation on your purchase of 2 Glocks and enjoy your training.

7 Likes

In the posts I read above, no one has referenced gear. If you will be taking a class with an instructor, you will need a good holster, gun belt and magazine pouches. Do some research on these before you buy or you may end up with 15 holsters in a drawer before you find one that suits you. Ask questions of those who already have gone through the procedure to see what they recommend. Then chose accordingly.

6 Likes

Glock 17 was the #1 choice amongst ā€œsoldiers of fortuneā€ and may still be. Reliable with minimal maintenance.
First pistol my son bought out of the Marine Corps as well.

5 Likes

I almost did, too. I then tried the Beretta PX4, and decided I preferred hammer-fired over striker-fired. Glocks are good handguns.

4 Likes

Hammer guns seem to be my falling plates favorites, M9 and 1911 due to accuracy. Love hammer guns. Surprising myself by running a few IDPA courses at the club successfully with my G19 though. Chose to run what I carry as the scenarios are based on possible ā€œsituationsā€ except for the construction of the perps :laughing:.
My Glocks are the 19 and 43, but may have some Casper guns based on the 26, 19, 17, 17/19 hybrid and 21. Hard to say as they disappear and reappear at will, and itā€™s like I can see RIGHT THROUGH THEM!! :ghost::ghost:

5 Likes

A 2022-09-02 20-41-10

:point_down:

A 2022-09-02 20-40-13

:nail_care:

5 Likes

Kathy25 may be out vacationing for the Holiday weekend. :thinking:

4 Likes

Folks, I guess we just have to get used to the fact that some people donā€™t live here like we došŸ¤ 

6 Likes

Dave17 gave you very good advice. I wonā€™t repeat it ā€“ just underscore it.

2 Likes

Welcome @Kathy25 to the wonderful world of training and knowledge! Looks like youā€™re well on your way to lose your newbie status. Enjoy the journey!!!

4 Likes