Replace Police (Defund Police Services)

Have you ever noticed the obvious flaws in community based policing? If someone is going to fight an armed officer with arresting authority and a weapon what would make them pay any attention to a social service worker? Do any of us realize that emergency services will not enter a building where serious violence has occurred until it has been secured by the police? If those professionals aren’t willing to risk contact what make us think a social worker would?

I have also noticed we seem to have a big soft spot for armed criminals that are, “just trying to get away.” Get away to do what? Attempt the same crime again? He only had a knife, how many knife killings have we seen in the news lately. It was community policing tactics that freed from court that woman that tried to shove someone under a train the other day. Criminals do not deserve more security than productive citizens in society. But I contend society deserves protection from criminals. We don’t need someone caught in the act of molesting a child getting away because they turned and ran only to come back over and over to molest again and again. Look it up that is what molesters do.

4 Likes

As I read this in its entirety; trust me, I am no academic, it isn’t about “defunding”, it’s about abolishment. A roadmap for Anarchy.

The term “enforcement” is not used in any sense of the word. Therefore, since there is no enforcement, there is no law.

As a recently retired LEO, I am agreeable that “some type” of reform is necessary. To the extent of that reform, I am not as educated; yet.

1 Like

In the cotext of current events, I dont know what is more disturbing, calls to defund police, or statement that “Defund Police” is not a Dem party policy. What are they up to.

1 Like

wow. i just wanted to say, im totally against defunding the police. and if you had to put up with a bunch of disrespectful criminals all day, that disrespect, fight and kick. and anything else these criminals had to get away from gong to jail where they belong. you’d Be KICKING SOME ASS TOO NOW AND THEN… No i’m not law enforcement, just a regular lawbiding citizen, that carries every day, and beleve in the LAW… just like when you where a kid back in the day, when you where bad or did something you where not suppost to, you got and whoop n. Now adays we have a bunch of direspectful young ones with NO discipline… (((figure it out)))) Carry, Be Safe ,And God Bless…

2 Likes

Are we talking Canadian police or American police? If it’s Canadian police who carry out emergency orders, I’d say get rid of them. If it’s American police that defend the CONSTITUTION, I’d say let’s pay some more of them. Unfortunately I do think we have a few Canadian police working here in the States but I’m also sure that we have many many many more constitution defending police departments here in the states. Just don’t look in any major cities. Thing is, there are many more precincts out side of cities then there are inside cities. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Biden is passing laws not to defund police, increasing the ATF, and gun control to reduce gun violence, costing of that increase over $30 Billion. Biden is not able to tie His shoe laces and He needs a happy vacation away from gun control. He does NOT know what He is doing and there maybe other people writing these gun laws to kiss Biden back side to be His Buddy and Friend, receive His praise. Fight this from happening.

https://thinlinenews.com/2022/03/30/biden-commits-to-funding-the-police-blm-activists-outraged/

1 Like

I’m sure his efforts to get rid of guns in the U.S. will go about as well as his plan to peacefully withdraw from Afghanistan.

4 Likes

the truth is being stated… at one time it was common practice to shoot looters here in the U.S.

seems such behavior was considered in a very bad light… considered stealing???

think the attitude of looters was also taken into consideration???

IIRC one of the early riot looting situations back in the 60’s such was done???

1 Like

Jean Valjean

Anyone that is advocating or even using the “defund the police” narrative is not being intellectually honest with their desire to help. The issues of poverty and crime are deep rooted and defunding the police will not solve a single one of those issues that have been established due to failed political policy, anymore than they will curb so-called “gun violence.”

I know it’s a complex issue and even a 10,000 page thesis would probably not do this topic justice, but IMHO I don’t think things get better until we at least do these five things:

1. Transubstantiate police unions that protect “bad” cops. Getting bad cops off the streets before really bad things happen will prevent, well, really bad things from happening.
  2. Correct the political demagoguery. Demand accountability on both sides (cops and criminals) and hold BOTH accountable for their actions. This will require cops to be held accountable (see Item 1) and criminals to be prosecuted, incarcerated, and hopefully rehabilitated. Much discussion can be had around this but simply letting criminals run amok is societal suicide.
  3. Work to solve the underlying causes of crime. This is in addition to supporting the police and a strong judicial penal system and stop blaming gang violence on guns. Obversely, we need to treat drug users differently from drug distributors (i.e., rehabilitation vs incarceration).
  4. Work to improve cultural norms. Until we fix the problems at home and in their upbringing, I don’t see children growing into well-adjusted adults.
  5. Actually fight crime. There is so much we can be doing to stop the drug trade, human trafficking, etc., that we’re just not doing. So many laws on the books that are not enforced.

But honestly I don’t see any of this happening, because bad people like to blame others for their problems and once they become the majority (mob), ‘normal people’ will need to tread carefully.

One of the most important lessons I learned in LE training was: “You can’t rationalize irrational behavior.” Most of us here are decent reasonably-minded folks, but there is a difference between Lassie and a rabid wolf, and when you meet them in the dark you know the difference instantly. Let us not fool ourselves – some criminals are just horrible people that need to be culled from society.

3 Likes

This is a great action list, and I would like to contribute a line: Reduce polarization in society, because this is what fuels radicalism and ultimately, violence.
I’d be lying if I told you I know how to do this. It seems there are trends in public mind that soft-criminalize or normalize certain kinds of crimes. Case in point, the latest SCOTUS nominee. Case in point, Disney attack on its own target audience. Is meeting organized looting community, or minor-attracted community in the middle an option?
Placed that screamed for defunding police loudest, NYC, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis – I’d hate to have a police officer job there anyway. Maybe they will get their wish yet – no police, happy anarchy.

2 Likes

They should use Chicago, LA, NY, San Francisco ,Portland as test subjects for this Community Policing. I think we need real Cops. But it would sure be interesting to see how that works just for the heck of it :us:

1 Like

I have no answers. I find myself the old geezer that doesn’t understand these young whippersnappers.

I would intimate that in the larger cities with very heavy union police agencies that they are as much a part of the problem as not. If you can’t get “going bad” cops off the force before they ‘George Floyd’ somebody, the problem will never be solved.

Knowing what I know today, I would not be a LEO, rural or otherwise. I have a lot of respect for most of them, but just like my firearm, I like them always pointed in a safe direction by decent politicians.

2 Likes