Remington Model 700 - Boone & Crockett

Hey, I recently purchased a Remington Model 700 - Boone and Crockett club edition. Never fired and in very good condition. Chambered in .30-06. I have been looking all over the internet for more information about it but can’t seem to find a whole lot. Would anyone happen to know anything about these rifles?

How many were made, how much they originally sold for, maybe how much they’re worth now? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I’ve had good luck taking similar questions to the manufacturers, via e-mail or a phone call.

1 Like

I recently gave a close friend a Model 700 in .300 H&H. It was a great rifle and a real tack driver out of the box. I believe the B&C models NIB retailed on average around $800 give or take. I think Remington suggested a retail around $1000. I would bet you could search online sellers and some hun ting/shooting forums and get a reasonable answer to your question. With Remington in bankruptcy you might not get any info from them. (this was a long answer saying, "dang if I know.)

2 Likes

I’ve searched forums and found a few posts related to price from 2007-2009. Nothing more recent. That’s why I figured I’d ask here. I was thinking the same thing about their bankruptcy.

Model 700s sure are good shooting rifles.

1 Like

You might want to check whether it was sent in for the recall. From your description it sounds like it might be one of the versions Remington issued the recall notice for:

1. Remington Model 700 and Model Seven Recall Notice - “Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014.”

2. Rem CDL 700 Boone and Crokket Series Description - “These high performance rifles also have our new X-Mark Pro™ fire control system…”

2 Likes

I don’t intend on shooting it. More of a collectors piece. But I will look into it.

maybe something useful to you:

Just checked the serial number on their website. Already had the recall done to it I guess. Says “This serial number has already been submitted.”

1 Like

It would be a great rifle to shoot and hunt with, I don’t think it will be much of a collector. I have seen them and while they have a nice engraved floor plate, there is not much else to set them apart. As for what they might appreciate for, take a look at similar offerings like NWTF editions and even better, the Remington 700 classic which is offered in a single caliber every year, both of which have dedicated collector base, yet those models do not seem to command a premium on the used market.

No engraved floor plate. Engravings on the barrel, logo on the grip cap. They were only made for a limited time. They’re not that old so I wouldn’t imagine they’d be worth much right now. It is not used either. Never been fired. Might not be worth much now in 2020. Give it some time might be worth something as long as it’s well kept. Would hate to take this out in the woods when it’s in amazing condition.

Where are you finding prices on these guns used? I can’t find anything online.

I have not seen it online and have not seen prices. My comments are based on experience with other special edition model 700’s as I mentioned above. The 700 B&C model is not even a Remington Custom Shop offering, simply additional markings. The current production Remingtons with any real collector value are going to be special custom shop collector offerings such as when they offered a special edition Rolling Block and Peerless models. I would not count on a standard production special edition to demand any special premium in the future, regardless of condition.

It does have a Juled bolt, fluted, floating barrel, and a stock I haven’t seen on other CDLs. Yeah it’s not a custom shop model 700 with all the bells and whistles and everyone wants 5k for it. I never said I wanted to/was going to get rich off this rifle lol. I just like collecting model 700s. All I am saying is I could probably sell it for more then what I paid for. I did some digging for a little bit and judging by what I found, I probably could. No harm in keeping a limited time produced rifle in good shape.