Regional Meet-Up?

@Dawn…No Ma’am I was sitting in a truck stop getting something to drink and checking my messages. :grin:

2 Likes

@DBrogue we said hello for you, we went to Javelina Canitina for lunch right near the bridge. We came out on a road trip for my wife’s birthday. 4 day weekend. We’re visiting her parents who live out here. We’re going to work in Vegas to the road trip as well.

2 Likes

Thanks Ken it has been a long time (over 20 years) since I was at the bridge

2 Likes

@dawn I love this idea!

1 Like

What does everyone’s fall look like? I’d be happy to arrange a group get together - potluck style at the headquarters in West Bend, WI? Or??

1 Like

I know I am in, I might even take time of work to come help set things up if help is needed.

2 Likes

:deer: :duck:
^^that’s what fall looks like. :smiley:
A get together would be fun!!

2 Likes

Let me suggest this.

USCCA could sponsor something like a “Meet and Greet”, maybe have a guest speaker or two give us a talk similar to what USLS used to do and have it at a venue where we could perhaps try to drag some students, friends, acquaintances along with us who might be interested in Joining.

Next day maybe a few demonstrations at a public range then end the USCCA’s involvement but have arrangements made with the range that those of us who attended the USCCA event to get a cut rate on the range for something of a “Fun Shoot” or " Play Day".

I suggest doing it that away to alleviate any liability concerns.

If you could find the appropriate place, you might also consider something like a sporting clays shoot for a favored charity. I’ve attended a few of those in the KC area that made a considerable chunk of change for some worthy causes.

The latter would make for some great PR for the organization as well.

Do it in the late spring, early fall in a central location and I’d probably be willing to drive as far as KC to attend if it all fit my personal schedule.

2 Likes

With CA being so restrictive on reciprocity you might have a whole lot of us choose not to attend but that is an incredibly gracious offer.

Maybe do a SW event in Vegas or AZ as there are some fantastic facilities out there and if they aren’t already UCCA affiliates or recruiters some of those high volume outfits could create a whole lot of new members quickly.

2 Likes

We just were in Las Vegas last weekend, and will be back in AZ for a week in August for fun on the water in Lake Havasu. On coming back from LV into CA just past state line they have a new “check point” that causes huge back ups for miles. The AZ check point is a friendly wave and a smile.

Back on the subject, my vote stands for either, yet again we’re still open to traveling. The homestead is leveling out and our grandkids are getting easier with traveling.

3 Likes