Recommended Shoulder Hoslters

a bit new the the community how ever i am not new to firearms prior military haveing said that i have NO clue who made the shoulder holsters when i was there, but they where prety bad uncomfortable im looking at the Alien gear shoulder holsters seems to be alot of videos on it recomending it but id like to get kind of a group opinion on maybe a few who have either tried or herd good (or bad) things about said holster thank you (pardon my bad spelling)

6 Likes

Following this topic :thinking:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Michael1697 and we are happy that you are here. You are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

appreciate the welcome! BTW thank you for your service as a police officer god bless ya

2 Likes

Just to get some more information.

What do you intend to carry?
Do you have a preference for vertical or horizontal orientation?
Leather or kydex?

I just acquired a S&W 43-45 vertical holster. It’s a decent holster for being an older model. It’s comfortable and I’m working on drawing from.

Hope this helps.

Welcome. IDK. I bought an Alien Gear but returned it and got a refund. For me, it just had one too many small weak parts and not as many instructions to my liking. I wanted more simple.

I’m in the market as well, been eye balling Galco, interested in their wider strap for more shoulder comfort. Liking the quality, simplicity.

I find it was very helpful for me to re-adjust the settings on my shoulder holsters, loosening and tightening them for best comfort.

While I research and save up for my next holster, I got a black nylon cloth one, which are easy to find and low cost, bout $20. They have retention straps which hold down the mags down on one side – to one’s waist belt, and another strap on the handgun side, holding that down to the waist belt as well, for a more solid and secure fit.

I will not use a shoulder holster which does not have both key tie down straps, otherwise the handgun or mags flaps around and cannot be pulled out easily in an emergency.

Good luck in the search.

2 Likes

im looking to carry a full size (5inch) 1911 personally always been one of my favorite pistols and always will be and looking for Horizontal with about 35 degree downward lean on the barrel

For Example

Also forgot to mention i prefer leather but am not against Kydex thats kinda why i like the Alien gear one cause it works with a leather holsters as well as Kydex

2 Likes

Welcome I have not had good luck with Alien gear but I have 2 shoulder holsters from Galco for my hunting revolvers and love them I don’t know what you are looking for but Galco is great and I swear by their products

4 Likes

how do the Galco holsters do with a plus sizer individual if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

I’m a big guy myself and don’t have any problems with mine I even wear my hunting revolvers on the outside of my coat

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Michael1697

2 Likes

seems like i may have a decision thank you and everyone for there input and welcomes

Something about that brown leather look as well

2 Likes

Wright Leather Works has a maverick shoulder holster that looks like it would fit your needs

1 Like

I have a couple Galco’s that I use in the winter… sometimes. Personally, I think it makes me look like I’m carrying two books with my armpits if I’m not wearing a heavy coat, even though my sweater is baggy.

It sounds like horizontal carry might not be an option for you unless you do the JA rig, but that points up instead of down. IMO, Galco’s ultra wide shoulder straps are worth the added cost, even though they aren’t included with any SH they offer.

IMO, you need to make sure the adjustments are correct, wear it a week or two, and then readjust as it stretches to form to your body. Both of mine are horizontal, as wearing them high and tight means they are pretty rock solid without a strap. Lower riding designs like the one in your pic and a (Vertical Shoulder Holster) VSH all but require a belt hold down.

Although it doesn’t hold the gun at your specified angle permanently, the Craft Roto Shoulder Holster carries vertically, then swings out (like your picture) when you unsnap the retention and draw. I have no experience with it, though.

2 Likes

that does look nice i wont deny that only thing about that is it seem a bit like it sits in the holster rather than the holster gripping the firearm if that makes any sense at all. Do not mean to sound ungrateful or anything just my opinion on how the holster looks.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Michael1697! Good to have you here! Also, if you are a USCCA member I believe they had a discount code if you went on Galco’s website, (if that code is still active.)

2 Likes

No worries… Not offended… I know looking for a holster is a PITA and not everyone has the same needs or the same wants. Good luck finding one

3 Likes

code is still active thank you for the reminder and the welcome

3 Likes

i really appciate all the helpful tips and welcomes i do believe to start i will be going with the Galco Classic Lite 2.0 and see how that works for now would like any imput on the spacific one if anyone has any imput on the I’d love to hear about it.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard warrior. We are glad to have you.

2 Likes