Alien holsters

Can anyone tell me about alien holsters? Are they dependable? Are they comfortable?

3 Likes

If you go to the search tab there are a ton of articles on this topic already. Not sure how to tag them in this otherwise I’d assist. But go to search and type in alien holsters

2 Likes

It should look like this:

Happy searching. :wink:

3 Likes

Cloak Tuck 3.5. I love it. Super comfortable for me and my gun almost disappears. Make sure you follow the instructions about the screws.

3 Likes

I believe you mean alien gear holsters. I own one which I wear at 4:30 and it’s very comfortable. It’s a good product. They also have different styles and models. They have IWB and OWB. I would recommend it.

2 Likes

My current favorite holster. Built very well and incredibly comfortable. I’ve been carrying my Glock 43X to the CC classes I teach and purposely asking my students, “Who actually KNOWS I’m carrying a gun on me right now?”.

Consistently less than 2 out of 20 folks will answer. Most of them just stare at me or scan my body. I have the gun AIWB with nothing but a thin nylon athletic cut shirt over it and at that point I’ve been in front of the for hours moving around.

4 Likes

People seem to like them. I returned all of mine. WAY to big and bulky with what else is available on the market, unless you were a big Transformers cartoon fan. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I have a few of them both IWB and OWB. I originally got the Shapeshift IWB for my G43, but I still found the pad too bulky for my small frame. Ended up moving the holster shell to the Shapeshift Appendix pack and been wearing it at 3:30 comfortably. Really like the neoprene backing which doesn’t feel sticky even during the Florida summer.

3 Likes

I love mine. I have the Cloak Mod as I prefer an OWB holster. Is easy on, secure, and easy off when I get home. The adjustable retention is a nice feature. Very well-made and reasonably priced. I can recommend Alien Gear Holsters as a great product to buy.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback, really appreciate it and now i’m gonna take a closer look at them.

1 Like

Remember Alien Gear holsters are a modular design to fit everyones cant, retention and ride height needs. Once you get the holster where YOU like it, loctite all of the screws in place.

The number 1 complaint against Alien Gear products is actually USER ERROR. They just assume it’s ready to go out of the box instead of it being adjustable to the needs of the user themselves.

2 Likes

Where did you get this stat? Having owned their kit (and read many reviews), I can’t believe that is true. Their transformer kit used for IWB/OWB is huge compared to a basic Kydex/leather holster.

2 Likes

I think the shape shift pack is a really good deal for new people to conceal carry. It lets you try lots of different carry options; Iwb hybrid, owb concealed, appendix. It also is a tuckable (you can tuck your shirt in.

It’s also cool because you can buy a shell for other guns and have all the different options without buying more holsters.

That being said, my shape shift has not seen carry since I moved to different holsters. I don’t think the modular holster does everything as good as other holsters. It is a good holster though. No screws is a really cool feature imho. It has a tactile click when holstering.

Holsters are hard, most of us end up with a holster drawer, :sweat_smile:, but it’s also part of the ride. Shape shift is a good option imho.

2 Likes

It is bulky. I found it carried better than it looked, but your complaint is legit. It’s a bulky holster. I think it’s a really good holster for someone who wants the comfort of hybrid, but the benefits of kydex. There’s always a compromise somewhere.

2 Likes

I have several Alien Gear holsters. I’ve found them to be reliable.

1 Like

You’ve never sat and read through the negative reviews have you? By far that’s the complaint I see the most. So, not a statistic, an observation based on being bored and reading negative reviews about the holster company I carry most often with.

1 Like

As I mentioned "Having owned their kit (and read many reviews), " I spent many hours on the phone with their reps, most of whom agreed. They’re just too bulky. Nearly all of them used their regular style holsters, not their transformers version.

If one lives in a place where they can wear bulky clothing, that probably helps. I do not.

For me, the other thing is if you carry multiple units over time, you have to keep swapping the bases. With my Kydex, I just grab and go. Much simpler.

1 Like

I have the cloak tuck 3.5 iwb and really like it. It is comfortable and the quality is up there with decent prices also.

1 Like

I have the shape shift for glock 19 and m@p 2.0 they are super comfortable durable and in my opinion they look decent. But they are very bulky they have no light options and run between $60 -100 for the hole set up wich is a real good deal 5 holsters for $100 + tax with that said i do not use mine I switched to a all Kydex aiwb holster

1 Like

I have the Shape Shifter for my full size SW and a Hellcat. For the price it is a good way to figure out how I want and can carry comfortably. The setup is ‘bulky’ but anything will be till you get used to it. So far I like all of the options, well worth the money spent.

1 Like