AlienGear vs. Crossbreed

I’m looking at a new holster for a Sig938. Has anyone been carrying with an Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.5 or a Crossbreed Mini tuck? They are very similar. Major difference is CB has leather backing and AG uses a breathable neoprene. If you use either of these I would appreciate any pros and cons. Thanks!

4 Likes

Welcome to the team @Michael685.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Michael685 as far as holsters, i havent used either. But for material comfort and breathability i prefer neoprene. Though I’m not sure which material would be easier to clean if need be. Is it iwb or owb carry?

5 Likes

I have the alien gear cloak for my FNS 40 and it has the breathable neoprene. It’s actually pretty nice and doesn’t rub or leave sweat feeling on my tank top. It’s comfortable to. It’s the only one I have used but I like it and the new style of belt clips makes it easy to keep locked down. The old screw style would come loose on me. Hopefully this little bit of information will help you on the alien gear holster.

3 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I was leaning toward the AlienGear.

3 Likes

It’s for IWB. I think you are right about the neoprene plus I believe it is washable. Thanks.

4 Likes

@Michael685. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome @Michael685!

3 Likes

Welcome @Michael685!

I have the AlienGear ShapeShift which I think has the same backing. It works really well here in Florida. Comfortable even on hot days.

4 Likes

If allowed, see if they will allow you to wear it and walk around the store with it on, have done this successfully at Cabela’s and a mom and pop gun store. Of course it needs to be empty but will point out strong/weak points prior to purchase. I learned this lesson late and have a drawer full of holsters. Some are highly regarded and I absolutely hate them, also have some not highly regarded that I use regularly. It’s a purely personal thing same as which handgun you prefer. Unfortunately, if you’re buying online that’s not an option but you can usually find a similar one at a well stocked store. FWIW the only good holster is one you’ll carry.

4 Likes

Can’t beat the USCCA discount code for crossbreed.

4 Likes