Crossbreed Holsters

I’m looking into ordering a crossbreed holster for my Shield 45. I and debating between the “Reckoning” and the “Super Cut 3” I carry 3:30ish.

2 Likes

I own an OWB model and it is the best holster I own by far. I am very happy with it and will consider them first in the future. Quality holster and made in America.

4 Likes

I agree with @Virgil_H about the best holster. I have a box full of holsters I don’t use, all bought prior to finding the Crossbreed brand. I carry OWB as well but of the 2 you mention, I’d go with the Reckoning. It looks smaller yet it still protects the firearm from your salty skin.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone is familiar with crossbreed clips as well. I would like to be able to tuck my shirt in without their cross symbol showing. I’m really excited about trying one of these holsters, but learning the names and options of their products is a bit much.

2 Likes

I went ahead and ordered the Reckoning. I like how versatile it is. It comes with OWB clips if I ever want to carry that way. I don’t carry appendix, but some people have used it to carry appendix as well. I like options and versatile gear. Excited to see how this compares to my alien gear. I was planning on ordering another AG, but they’re saying it will take at least a month and I called them and their line was shut down to to increased demand. Cross Breed says they’re overwhelmed but they’ll get it delivered between 2-3 weeks

3 Likes

They had all their belts on sale a few weeks back. It only took 10 days to get 3 belts. So,Maybe on the lower side with them. Plus whenever I want to talk with them their CHAT is always easy, and whenever I have called I get right through to a real person who is super nice. CS makes a big difference.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree, and that makes me even happier about this purchase.

1 Like

I havent tried a different holster since I got a crossbreed. I get the mini tuck when offered, else the super tuck. Then, I’ll cut it to fit my liking. The crossbreed logo on clip is definitely there. I have a dark colored belt and it all blends in so I dont notice it. Granted, I rarely tuck in my shirt… my thoughts are the only people who would notice are the people who know what it is. Congrats on your purchase!

2 Likes

I trim/tweak the leather on my up near the grip. CB said you can cut it and tweak it and it will not affect your warranty. But, DO NOT cut or modify the Kydex or that will void the warranty.

3 Likes

I’ve used a Crossbreed supertuck iwb for about eight years and has comfortably carried my HK USP 9 and 40 compact, and the belt slide owb for the full-size USP 45… After about the first year or so, a clip came loose and I couldn’t keep the screw tight, probably could have used loctite but didn’t, customer service said send it back and they sent me a whole new holster with upgraded clips, outstanding customer service.

4 Likes

I think for the most part holster makers are a good group, let’s face not much to go wrong other than workmanship. Holsters to me are like a pair of good fitting shoes, you should never have to think about your shoes or your holsters doing their job.
I have many holster, leather, Kydex and other combos. I like leather because it is kind to the gun’s finish and it is quite. Kydex holster always make noise when I am walking or moving around, noise means something is moving and in a Kydex holster that means some part is moving against the finish of my weapon.
I can not comment on items I do not own or have tried, so I will not comment on the Crossbreed brand.

Larry

1 Like

Here are some images of where my OWB holster breaks every 6 months.
But as mentioned 2 is 1, 1 is none…

I’ll now start wearing the new one and when the other one comes back replaced, I’ll throw it in the box with other holsters, ready to be swapped out in , lets say October-ish.

Old:

New:

3 Likes

Fiz are you trying to put a five pound gun in a two pound holster?

Larry

Funny, I actually stopped asking them on the phone, “Why does it keep cracking?” They said it’s because I wear it at 3 o’clock and that puts undo stress on the rivets/kydex. After losing a bunch of weight I can now wear at appendix. It still breaks.

The wife instead of saying “Why do you keep buying these” now just roles her eyes. It costs me about $10 a year in postage but, like I said, I get a brand new holster every 6 months.

Tip: be sure to buy 2 so you have one in the repair rotation.

2 Likes

Fiz, maybe a elastic belly band would work.
Just kidding.
Have you tried a leather holster, it would have more “give” and may break in to you life style better.

Larry

I have had a leather-smith make a custom one and he made it out of single layer leather after I asked him to make it double layer leather. Needless to say it got all saggy and out of shape within about 2 months. That was a noble $125 experiment.

Maybe some Red Green advice and I can duct tape it to myself. :slight_smile:

Oh, a quick edit, I’m sure that just inspired @TexasEskimo to get some funny imagery posted?

3 Likes

Y’all put blue loctite on these holsters?

1 Like

@Fizbin I just ran down to Walmart and they only had pink duct tape. So this is for reference purposes only. No need to thank me, we all are here for each other.
Duct Tape

2 Likes

Funny, I knew you’d find it irresistible not to answer😀

2 Likes

Just for the sake of anyone else finds this topic curious about Crossbreed in the future, here are my first impressions of my reckoning holster after some dry fire exercises.

The reckoning has Retention adjustment. I was able to tighten the retention to the point where I can shake the holster hard and the gun won’t fall out. I like when holsters have an audible click when the gun is fully in place. This holster does not, BUT it has a click you can feel when when the fire arm is in place. The holster is already comfortable, and from what I’ve heard, with wear it will become even more comfortable. So it’s comfortable, safe, we’ll put together, overall fantastic product so far.

My only complaint is it’s much more difficult for me to get on than my one clip CYA kydex holster. For day to day carry I like a holster I can put on and off quickly. For example, if I’m running late to work, I just have to pull the holster off and lock up. Or my wife and I spontaneously desided to go to dinner, I can throw the holster on. I got the smaller holster from Crossbreed hoping it would be easier to put on than the larger one. I actually think it might be harder. The clips are really good, but they’re difficult to get both of them up over my belt without part of the clip getting caught on my pants. SO… I’m not sure yet if this will become my day to day holster. If I was wearing the gun for a long trip, this is definitely the right pick. For quick trips and commutes I will probably stick with my CYA Kydex.

I am happy :+1:

(I will post a picture later)

4 Likes