Crossbreed Holsters

It has been a month. I do not regularly use this holster. I am not a fan of the metal clips. It is very hard to get on and off my belt. I put this holster to work yesterday and the few hours of wear seems to have loosened up the retention bad. Before, I’d turn the holster upside down and the gun wouldn’t budge, now it slides right out. This holster is supposed to work as OWB, but I am concerned with the drastic change in retention. (This May be due to the leather break in). I will work to adjust the retention and wear it more to see if it gets broken in. Once I find out how I like it, I’ll loctite everything (which stinks because it’s about 6 screws). I chose this holster over the more popular options because I liked its size, the own option, and the adjustable retention. The adjustable retention system has many parts. (5 adjustable holding the kydex against the leather, and a trigger retention screw)

I tried to adjust for as deep concealment as I could, and this resulted in holstering being unsafe. I literally had to press the gun (pointed at me to nudge it in. So I moved the clips back.) This leaves me with having the gun a little more out of the wasteland than I personally like, though it does work.

My biggest concern is every time the belt clips are pivoted, the screws holding the clips in place unscrew a little. I’m not sure loctite will fix this because there is a lot of friction between screw and clip. But I will try.

I’m playing with the idea of getting ulticlips to make it easier to clip on.

This may be petty, It’s also not easy to switch between clips. I can’t go from tuckable clips to ulticlips, to OWB easily. AND I want to loctite the screws which means I feel like I need to find a permanent set up and not change it.

Crossbreed’s lead time sucks.
I always go with http://www.foxxholsters.com/ if they have the mold for my gun, and crossbreed is a second choice. The quality of their holsters is the same or better, they’re still “made to order,” and sometimes arrive in the same week. Crossbreed’s always been slow, even pre-covid.

1 Like

yeah, I learned the hard way not to use red loctite on laser sights and stuff… lol, luckily with cheap amazon ones, but …

Yeah, blue loctite on guns and holsters.

2 Likes

Just put loctite on 3 retention screws yesterday. Gun fits properly. I’m going to give it some time before I loctite the clip screws. I want to make sure they’re placed wear I want them. I’m also playing around with the idea of getting Ulticlips over the belt clips.

1 Like

I have the crossbreed reckoning as well. It took longer than expected to get it to me but once I got it I was happy with everything. I conceal carry daily but at the range I owb carry and having the versatility to swap back and forth with 1 holster is why I bought it.

I carry my S&W MP 9mm M2.0 compact 3.6" and it also fits the slightly longer 4" barrel and can accommodate the .40 as well. I’m very happy with everything I’ve gotten from them. I recommend them to people all the time.

1 Like

Thank you for the input. I’m glad to hear from someone who uses this model. I wore it the other day and it is really comfortable and it conceals well. I am definitely not giving up on it. I think with the loctite and getting it adjusted just right, I’ll be happy.

Did you get the magazine attachment and the “Crux Concealment” attachment?

1 Like

I carry my kahr CW40 in a Crossbreed, it’s served me well. I use the supertuc, and I’ve had to trim it a little fit my needs but all in all very comfortable. I’ve been thinking about buying their Reckoning, they look nice :+1:.

Yes I did but I’ve since learned I’m more comfortable keeping the mag holder and holster on opposites side. I reload with my left hand but draw with my right.

1 Like

Do y’all have any retention issues with the OWB crossbreed. They have a sale going on and I’m thinking about getting an OWB for my full-size M&P. I just see they don’t have retention screws.

Hello Sir. No, no retention screws. The Kydex pocket form fits the pistol and only friction holds it in. That being said, I still really like it.

1 Like

In education also. I know exactly what you mean!!!

1 Like

Thanks Virgil! Have you ever had the issue of sitting and the barrel being pushed, pushing the gun out of the holster?

I’m looking at getting this for a gun that’s the same size as a full 1911.

No, with the kydex front and leather back it always fits very tight. Even when running/diving/pron/kneeling a 3 gun course it is very secure.

Take advantage of the Father’s Day sale. I get those emails as well.

1 Like

I am happy to say no, I have not had it push out. The muzzle is does not extend below the leather backer. However, I am using it with a Sig P365, so a pretty small pistol. This holster seems to ride the best between 3 to 4 o’clock. It is advertised as such. I hope this helps a little sir.

1 Like

Just ordered one! I wanted to research retention adjustment, and after I saw how it works it seems like a really good quality, affordable (especially with that warranty), and safe option :+1:. Thank you!

1 Like

Agreed, even with the issues I’ve had with them, I keep going back. They protect my firearm from my sweat, they are comfortable on my skin, they have good retention, you can’t beat the warranty, they are made in America.

2 Likes

I carry a Crossbreed ISWB Supertuck and the crosses do show on the bent with a shirt tucked in. However, the crosses are embossed in black and very indistinguishable.

2 Likes

A bit of mild heat will ease removal of loctite; about 140°. Just be mindful of how close you get to kydex.

@Fizbin @Virgil_H

Got my OWB holster in. It’s great! Completely covers trigger, has solid retention, it’s very comfortable. My gun has a long barrel, so I doubt this will be my CC rig (maybe on occasion in the winter). Might use it when I want to carry around the house. Gives me a fun range toy. If the poopy hits the fan, I get to carry my bigger side arm with my rifle without being $200 out of pocket.

2 Likes

Good deal sir. I am glad you like it. Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like