Alien holsters

This is true i dont need to read reviews i own both and the shape shift is huge compaird to earlier model

1 Like

I have the Appendix (AIWB) AlienGear holster. I like it. I havenā€™t worked up the courage to wear it at the Appendix position yet. It is well made & comfortable. :clap:t5::100:

:v:t5:

2 Likes

Youā€™re talking specifically the Shapeshift holsters. They make more than the shapeshift systems.

Across the board for all their holsters ā€œpoorly made, screws come outā€ is the biggest complaint.

I donā€™t have any shapeshift compatible firearms, but if I did, I probably still wouldnā€™t go with shapeshift simply because Iā€™ve found the cloak tuck and cloak OWB to be the most comfortable, I like those so personal preference.

So again, I wasnā€™t speaking specifically about the Shapeshift system, you were. Thatā€™s where the miscommunication came in.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Wolfen and god bless you.

1 Like

I found mine very comfortable. But too bulky, and difficult to remove and put on without taking pants off, or while sitting in a car. Iā€™ve been using single clip kydex, and although less comfortable, I got used to it quickly.

3 Likes

As they say, we violently agree. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not liking my holsters from a different company, for my revolver. Saw that Alien Gear came out with one for a revolver. If they make more models, in my caliber and or shoulder holsters for revolvers, Iā€™ll definitely purchase, as Iā€™ve read many good things about their holsters, particularly about their fit and comfort. Didnā€™t buy yet, the one time I called them, the rep was very professional and courteous. Canā€™t wait.

1 Like

I got my Cloak Tuck 3.5 a few days before Christmas to replace the full-kydex holster that came with my Canik TP9 Elite SC. My 1st thought was ā€œBoy, that thing is BIG!ā€ It is rather wide (compared to my other holster), but it is also flexible and wraps around things (my hip) quite nicely. I use it to carry at the 4 oā€™clock position.

My Canik is much bigger than my wifeā€™s Glock G43X, but the Cloak Tuck distributes the weight around the belt so it doesnā€™t sag in 1 spot. It also prevents the front and back sights from digging into by butt and back, which caused bruising and pain if I carried all day.

I think it is a very comfortable holster, and have no problems carrying all day ā€¦ even when driving in my car for hours.

I did have 1 screw come loose, but that is because I hadnā€™t used locktite yet, as the instructions recommended.

2 Likes

I have the Shapeshift system. Itā€™s not the most comfortable, but itā€™s adaptable and has a solution for just about every crazy mounting/concealment idea you can think of.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @TKDBarry And you are blessed to be here.

Is it hot where you live? I like a minimal mount primarily due to the heat here in NC.

1 Like

I am in SC. New to CC so have only used since October. I wore a t shirt over a tank top with no problems. I will have to see what happens this summer though.

I will say I wore it while doing yard work and sweating and it didnā€™t bother me.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Ohio, so I havenā€™t had any major heat to contend with yet ā€“ a couple days around 70, wearing shorts & light T-shirt. It did not get uncomfortable, even though I did some activities where I was sweating. The ventilated neoprene back does a pretty good job. Summer-time will tell, when we get that 80 - 90+ degrees, with high humidity.

3 Likes

I have a Cloak & love it It is comfortable but as mentioned earlier you have to experiment with ride height once set you hardly know its there My.02 Mike

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Michael792 and god bless you.

Iā€™ve worn mine in the FL summer & humidity. Love the neoprene backing!

1 Like

Update: Iā€™ve been using this Cloaktuck 3.5 for 7 months now ā€“ to Florida, and in our Ohio heat and humidity (90+ at times, 100+ heat index). I have to say I am quite pleased.

Mowing grass, fishing, walking the beach - my shirt ends up soaked, but the vented neoprene on my holster is just slightly damp. It stays put and comfortable even directly against my skin for hours in that heat.

2 Likes

I have a Alien Gear IWB Gen2 to hold a Glock 19 on selected occasions. It fit perfect right from the box and is very comfortable. The only negative I have is the forward cant. Their newer design seem a bit too complex.

1 Like

I have a cloak tuck 3.5 and live in SC. I love the holster but as mentioned by @Mike270 I wish it would let you adjust the cant more. It is great for carrying in the 4 or 5 oclock position a little harder on the 1 to 3 positions. You can still draw smoothly but cant can be awkward.

I find wearing a wife beater under a tshirt is more comfortable than tshirt with nothing else.

1 Like