Range training pictures and ideas

Just wanting to post pics from the range, that way we can look at each other’s and bounce ideas for dialing groups in

1 Like

20190120_160208 90 rounds with my AR after readjusting sights
Yes it’s mostly high but that’s set up intentionally… 50yrd range- about 1.5 in above= figuring I’m good out to 250-300 yrds…

2 Likes

Great idea for a topic, @Tankrachet86! Are you shooting lefty or righty? and why are you intentionally setup high?

2 Likes

I’m a lefty… and I don’t intentionally aim high… the light blue circle in center chest is obvious your 10 ring, dedication location to aim… But, I shoot at basically a 50meter range, so I adjust my sights to shoot high at 50 meters… I do this so if I am put in a position where I have to grab my rifle on the way out my door, i dont have to try and focus for a head shot to hit the torso… by adjusting my sights high at 50 I can cheat it so when i engage a target at 250 meters lets say i should be about a 1/4th inch off… either north or south of Point of Aim

2 Likes

Another important note, my buddy I was shooting with also has a AR… he spent about 90 extra dollars setting his rifle up so a lefty could use it… but then saw my rifle is standard for a right hander… so for any left handers in the crowd… try to use as many right handed weapons as you can… then in a real life combat scenario you will be better off…

2 Likes

Why is it better for a lefty to shoot right?

1 Like

Not necessarily shoot right handed… but use right handed weapons… if you look at any weapons meant for left handers they are usually more expensive A… and B… 90% of the people on earth are right handed, for a lefty (like me) it works to you advantage to learn to operate all weapons systems wether they are left or right handed…

3 Likes

Oh I see. I’m a right handed shooter but apparently left eye dominant. My only issue is that I can’t shoot a rifle left handed because it feels really weird and I just can’t quite get my head to see down the sights. But I’ll shoot my pistol right-handed while using my left eye. That seems to work.

2 Likes

Cross-eye dominant isn’t an unusual thing, Luke! Check out a video Beth Alcazar did on the subject:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/beginner-tips-ocular-dominance/

3 Likes

I dug through my personal Facebook photo archive and found a picture of the first target I ever shot with a handgun. It was at the New Berlin Citizen’s Academy many years ago. I was shooting the officer’s Sig Sauer P229 - and he offered me a job on the spot :laughing:

We were at 15 yards I believe… it’s been a while :smiley:

First%20target

And yes, I framed it because I was very proud of it and it’s a great deterrent if someone is peaking in my basement windows.

3 Likes

I have a photo of my last target from my CCW class. Unfortunately I never did take it home. But probably for the best since I wouldn’t know where to put it.

1 Like

This target has been in storage most of the time I’ve had it. It was only in the last year or so that I’ve had a place to hang it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No target pictures, but, the 2 guns I use at the range the most. My carry gun, and my favorite range toy Ruger GP100image image image

2 Likes

Awesome pictures @45IPAC! Love the range bag too :wink:

I got it at the Louisville expo last year. :grin:

2 Likes

So glad you were able to make it to Louisville! Will we be seeing you in Pittsburg this year?

I just saw the new T-shirts on the Expo site - they’re awesome! https://www.usccaexpo.com/

Another great reason to go to the Expo! :slight_smile:

***Edit: The shirts may be available from the USCCA after the Expo, watch your email and posts here after the Expo if have shirts available!

1 Like

I can’t make Pittsburgh. But I do wear last years Expo shirt on the 2nd of every month. Makes a great conversation starter

3 Likes

Dawn your making mecwonder if they would hire me!! Lol

1 Like

After he Expo, will the shirt be available either through the USCCA shop, or Nine Line?

1 Like

Could screen shot it and send itc to my boys at Grunt Style… if they are ok with itcthat is!!

1 Like