Range training pictures and ideas

If we have shirts left after the Expo, there will be an email blast to members to let them know they’re available. I’ll keep my eyes open and let you know ASAP if we have extra after the Expo!

4 Likes

Lol if you have one 3x please let me know!!

1 Like

I always thought I was right eye dominant, too just now find out I’m left eye dominant. I’m curious as to how my groupings are going to be now.

2 Likes

Do you shoot one side or the other consistently?? Or high low??

1 Like

I’m right handed, left eye dominant. I use a modified weaver stance, and I turn my head slightly so my left eye is closer to the firearm than my right eye. I keep both eyes open, except for long range precision shots with a revolver, or long gun. That has worked well for me.

3 Likes

I get decent groupings. At first I shot low left, I started aiming a little differently and the shots tighten up more.

1 Like

I’m going to try altering my stance. Hopefully I’ll see an improvement in groupings.

1 Like

When I did my pistol yesterday, I was low right… I’m pretty sure that’s because I started with rifle though…

1 Like

This is terrible for me and the reason is I hold myself to much higher standard and ability then most people realize. I am my own worst critic with my ability and capabilities. This target was set up at 3,7 and 10 yards. Noting the stragglers are due to me lose grip and jerking trigger.

1 Like

This was 2 months ago April 29 9mm 7 yards, as fast as I can reacquire:

This was yesterday, June 27 9mm 3 to 13 yards, 5 rounds at each yard, fast as I can reacquire:

I’m pretty happy with the gains over 2 months. :blush:

2 Likes

This is something that I do need to practice doing. Hopefully with cooperation from the weather I can get out to outdoor range and practice.

2 Likes

I came up with this drill for me. I stand flat footed with AR charged and ready.Using a 20 second timer I kneel and put two rounds center mass then stand and put 3 in cranium vault

1 Like