Range targets - show them off!

Tried out a brand new pistol and indoor range last week:

Browning 1911-22 4-inch Black Label, First 3 magazines of 10+1; 1 each CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain CPRN, CCI Mini-Mag 36 grain CPHP, and 40+ year old Remington 36 grain CPHP, estimated distance 5-7 yards

What did you see? Lots of smoke due to ventilation.
What happened? I focused on the front sight as best as I could see it in low lighting
What was the results? One stovepipe and enjoyable shooting experience with the reduced 22LR recoil
What did you learn? Buy more magazines - pistol came with only one

More detailed report here (if interested):

8 Likes

@Marcell24 ,
What distance for Glock21? How fast were you shooting?
Yes, you must work on grouping… but you need figure out the reason of that spread.

5 Likes

I was shooting for 15 to 25 yard n I was chilling no goin fast or slow

7 Likes

If you could isolate hits at 15 from hits at 25 you will be able to analyze it and find the problem.
Usually the spread pattern rises with distance and if this is the case, you only need to work on tight grip.

Anyway… 25 yards for pistols is pretty big distance…so whatever lands within center mass (8 inch circle) can be considered a good shot.

9 Likes

NOPER ya put the bad man to the sand man. Grate shooting. :bangbang: bad guy DOA​:bangbang::+1::+1::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::us::chile::owl::feather::feather::heart::v:t5:

10 rounds @ 30 feet
45 ACP

9 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this video. Each of us learns things from different perspectives and his perspective really rang home for me :+1:

I’ve been practicing his advice regarding mentally pulling the trigger towards the web of the hand instead of towards the thumb in dry fire practicing for several days now. Can’t wait to try it out with live fire. Thanks again :+1:

4 Likes

Good shooting, @Todd30 ,

I’m only wondering if you were jerking or squeezing finger tips while pulling trigger.
:smile:

A 2023-09-23 20-13-58

4 Likes

Why is there a an orange cover dot missing? :thinking:

3 Likes

At 10 yds I would gladly take that group. If anything this is likely a sight problem. Either alignment or picture.

2 Likes

Yeah, grouping is perfect. I like it as well and no complains here.
@Todd30 is a great shooter, so I doubt he has not taken care of his sights or dot.
I’m guessing it’s a small “trigger manipulation problem”. Perhaps he was too heavy on that trigger?

Hopefully we get the answer soon… @Todd30 , what did you do with that dot?

2 Likes

Smells like a ‘cover up’ :thinking::smiley:

5 Likes

@Karacal Todd30 says that the orange dot IS NOT missing. It’s a WHITE DOT ECLIPSE going across the orange dot, you can see the orange halo around the white dot, HE SAYS! :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

I put it on my car to discern my Jeep from all the others. :crazy_face: :laughing: :laughing:

8 Likes

5 Likes

It is possible. Those problems typically result in outliers (flyers) and not a tight group. Slow motion video could show if that is the problem.

4 Likes

Browning hi power : 9mm

14 Likes

Amazing shooting. What distance?

3 Likes

Still a great post Todd30.

20 yards, 20 gauge shotgun slug - Charles Daly model; Open sight, only a front sight, replaced bead with a hi viz florescent. No tripod.

8 Likes