Range targets - show them off!

45 rounds
First ten at 60’ those are the more wild shots
Then 20 rounds at ten years standing
Then 15 moving laterally

7 Likes

Learning how to shoot a new Glock 48 :joy:. Apparently low and left is common for those of us who have not shot many Glocks before…G48 my second. Only had the other (G32) a couple of months, firing it twice.

5 Likes

Adjusting zero for 200 yards with new ammo.
Shot 1 sighter and adjust.
Shot 2, adjust
Shots 3-4 for effect, cold bore shots rested on my pack.

Light precision rifle:
REM 700 Stainless in 7mm-08
HS Precision stock
Leupold HD3 Scope - Mil Dot reticule

7 Likes

this is generally seen as a trigger finger issue. usually low left on a right handed shooter is slapping/jerking the trigger or pulling the trigger while still in trigger takeup and not at the wall. nice grouping though, very consistent!

5 Likes

Agreed, though don’t seem to have this issue on others (1911s, P229, revolvers). Based on some reading, it may be a matter of getting used to the trigger safety. Some recommendations were to move to finger joint instead of pad, but not sure how that would work with the wider split trigger. Though I will try next trip,

There is always the possibility rear sight off a bit (dovetail), though I realize that’s got nothing to do with low hits. It came with Amerglos from factory which meant someone took off the default sights to change them. From installing my own rear sights with a pusher, I know how easy it is to be off center, and I doubt they’re using calibers at factory to be sure.

I only mention sights because on my Colt Python I had rear sight adjusted all the way to right and was still hitting left. Upon closer examination of front sight, it appeared off. Calipers actually showed me it was skewed .02 to the left. 3” barrel. Ugh. Realigned it, have it now even on both sides and will be taking it out next range trip as well.

2 Likes

yeah, the take up and the wall are much more exaggerated in Glocks vs say a single action 1911. I wouldn’t go to the joint, that’s a bad habit to build. Id probably say focus on your take up first and the release at the break point, it took me a while to get used to it as well moving from a full size DA/SA USP to a striker fired Glock. now I shoot Glocks so much that it affects my 1911s. most 1911 shooters usually shoot glocks high, not low, due to the difference in grip angle and natural hand point.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I was attending this class… :slightly_smiling_face: :grin: :laughing:

4 Likes

Think I fixed it today…top left was last 50 rounds, 10 at a time, at speed…circle #3 was initial sight in, circle #2 a bit more fine tuning (50 each). Three different brands of FMJ, but don’t seem to have the low left issue with the G48 anymore!

9 Likes

thats good stuff! looks like a successful range trip!

3 Likes

Good to hear! Practice, practice, practice, train and be safe!

2 Likes

AR-15, final target after sighting in a new red dot at 25 yards. The center group is supported, bottom left group was standing unsupported. Not my best grouping but still fun. Usually my groupings are about half the size but it was nearly a hundred degrees outside and I was shaking a bit.

8 Likes

Had to shoot the qualification for one of my permit renewals today. Meh. Not my best work.

9 Likes

Oh Sure?!?! Those 4 outliers are a disgusting 2-3 inches out. You should be ashamed of yourself. You need WAY More Training and Practice. :roll_eyes: :wink: :roll_eyes: :wink:

6 Likes

On the one hand, if the bullets did their job this should have stopped the threat so it was successful.

On the other hand, this was a very low bar, low pressure qualification. 5 rounds each at 3, 5, 7, and 15 yards with way too much time. I’ve seen guys on this forum shoot this well with a lot less time.

Also, if I think I’m good enough, there’s no reason to improve.

Just sharing my thought process.

However, I enjoyed your friendly sarcasm! Maybe I take things too seriously and forget this is supposed to be fun sometimes! :grin:

5 Likes

It is an experience that one should always ask, what did I see? What could I do to be better? With that you have learned something and next time you can apply it. Good job!

2 Likes

Andy28,

And iron sights at that, shorts, and 50 yards, darn whoah! They don’t make em like they used to. They get better with age. Luv me them 1930’s models. Got one of grandpa’s too. That’s how I got started.

3 Likes

That’s what I did but !! I put black tape in a three each square in the center of the target and then it made me shoot in a tighter groop , and I did much better than acting like I had a larger target and now I’m better it helped me to tighten up my groop of three round shots It is worth trying with the price of ammunition :question:

1 Like

You got it the distance is to close and no one is going to wait for five minutes for you to start Shootings and speed does matter with precision my brother right on stay frosty :owl::feather::feather::bangbang:

Sinbad you Done :white_check_mark: well and I like Mike we all need to straighten up we are trying to get better Not insult one another this is not the rod&reel club , we are training with our lives and OUTHERS , let’s act better like we train right :bangbang: