Range targets - show them off!

Thanks, like to get out once a week in summer/fall. Then dry fire in the winter/spring

4 Likes

This clearly looks like you have something against guys with beards. :woman_beard: :man_beard:

I’m practicing for the white supremest lurking around the corner.

As I sit here I can hear the sound of freedom in the distance. Sounds like a person is practicing with a 9mm

3 Likes

Lordy day, I hope not. Better call suicide prevention on me😂

Edit: now this would be an ugly mug to pu on a target!

4 Likes

In 1934, at the ripe old age of 14, my dad bought a Winchester Model 67 22 rifle. I take it to the range at least once a year in his memory. This was at 50 yards with CCI 22 shorts.

11 Likes

Where did you get the Donut Operator target? :grinning:

2 Likes

The actual target off amazon. As for big fat ass, you need to talk to mom and dad.

3 Likes

I never keep my targets. I will try and remember mine next time so I can share….at least take a picture of it before I toss it. Lol

5 Likes

I do the FBI certification test every year just to see how my skills are progressing.
I have done it with the time limits, but I have not recorded my actual times. I am going to start doing that.

4 Likes

i love a shot timer, it gives you a metric to base your improvement on, and it helps add that first layer of stress onto your shooting. running sprints and pushups and tire flips works pretty good to get the juices flowing too if you have the availability. i go back and study targets and video after range days to nitpick and find points that need additional focus given to it so i have photos of targets and videos galore lol

5 Likes

One of the reasons I take a picture of the target. I love studying my targets. I find things and try to remember that shot. What I did to send it the way I did. That’s how I started thinking fast out of the holster/deliberate on the shot.

5 Likes

I agree with you and the use of shot timers.
This past week I’ve knocked off 2/10 of a second from my drawl from concealment and fire.

2 Likes

FBI gun Qualification Test

Two misses. I honestly have to say my reloading skills are in need of work. The two misses were exaggerated because of the hot load they had. I got a really big boom when they went off.
I made all the time limits of each set.

2019 FBI Handgun Qualification Strings of Fire

25 Yards Draw and fire 4 rounds standing, drop to kneeling and 4 rounds. 20 Seconds
15 Yards From the ready, fire 3 rounds. 5 Seconds
15 Yards Draw and fire 3 rounds. 6 Seconds
7 Yards From the ready, fire 5 rounds. 4 Seconds
7 Yards From the ready, fire 4 rounds, emergency reload, fire 4 more rounds. 8 Seconds
7 Yards Draw and fire 5 rounds. 5 Seconds
5 Yards From the ready, fire 6 rounds. 4 Seconds
5 Yards From the ready, fire 3 rounds. 2 Seconds
5 Yards Draw and fire 3 rounds. 3 Seconds
3 Yards Draw and fire 3 rounds SHO, switch hands and fire 3 rounds WHO. 6 Seconds
8 Likes

Low ready point shooting 5 rounds

4 Likes

Mozambique drill
two the the body and one to the head. 3 rounds @ each distance.
@2 yards
@3 yards
@5 yards
@7 yards
@10 yards
@12 yards

5 Likes

Im surprised the aft silhouette isnt a dog!!

5 Likes

I was wondering about the ATF target. Does this mean an ATF agent or just the target they use?

1 Like

Maybe the later?

1 Like

Okay, that is what I thought!

1 Like

Practicing for instructor qualifications the other day. The actual qualifications arnt specifically timed, but i do it on the clock anyway. Wasnt happy with a bunch of the times. Me and a buddy were pushing each other saturday at the range and were getting down into the 1.01/1.05 range consistently at 7 yards with .22-.30 follow ups but all of that was on the plate rack for practical purposes. No pictures to show for it either unfortunately lol

USCCA qual COF is 15 rounds at 5 yards with a manditory reload (mags loaded to shooters prefrence), 15 rounds at 7 yards with a reload, 10 rounds at 10 with a reload, and 10 rounds at 15 with a reload. Must shoot 80% in the A zone minimum

6 Likes