Range targets - show them off!

Isn’t it amazing how the .45 punches through the paper with its unique signature?

5 Likes

Yep. 9 mm clean little holes 45 ACP almost looks like keyholes.
On further thought, it may be a subtle clue as to how important selecting the right carry ammo is for 9 mm.

3 Likes

I broke down and bought a CR920, here are the first 200 rounds. I need to get used to this Subcompact

7 Likes

What distance did you shoot?

1 Like

Started at 21, 10, and 7ft

1 Like

So… this was at 21?

A 2022-12-28 20-16-36

3 Likes

Yes sir.

5 Likes

No more questions… :+1:
Congrats on your new tool ! :ok_hand:

Next 100 rds should bring this :point_down:

A 2022-12-28 20-27-53

3 Likes

Thank you, I haven’t hit paper in a while and the 3in barrel is kinda odd. Normally it’s a 5in and AR500 steel targets😎

4 Likes

That’s why I was impressed seeing good grouping at 21 feet.
Hitting low is typical with new short barrel pistol. With practice you should shoot dead center pretty soon.
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

When we go out on the BLM we always put the steel targets at 20 yards, hitting things close I forget to compensate, my DR I have put a lot of rounds through so I’m really used to the sight length, barrel, and grip. I’m surprised I did as good as I did today with a baby gun. Those 3 targets were my last 3, the first three were terriblely open.

5 Likes

Excellent! With the 3-in barrel if you’re keeping them on target I wouldn’t complain too much. I try to do at least some quick double and triple tap drills when I go to the range. Very impressive!

2 Likes

Thank you.
I was wrong on my round count, it was 200, not 100. I can’t justify 100 going to an indoor range. Anything less than 200 would be using the drive-thru😁

5 Likes

I understand what you were saying about drive-thru. For me since I’m a member of the range other than my ammo I shoot for free. Most of the time they even hand me a silhouette because I’m there weekly. Understand I’m a senior but I still go to the range every week and at the very least put a hundred rounds through my primary carry weapon and usually another 50 through my 45 ACP. I love shooting the 45 but the hands are not what they were as far as pain goes. I can still control The recoil no problem but approaching 200 rounds my hands my back have had enough.

5 Likes

I have the same complaint with my .357Mag…

2 Likes

Surprised I don’t see more targets like this. I go to the range to train. Sometimes I practice only shooting as fast as I can shoot accurately. But to get faster, I sometimes emphasize speed over accuracy. I practice one handed; strong & weak. And I also practice with DA/SA handguns. I love my Sig, but I carry a 1911 because I"m just not there yet with DA shot accuracy in a decent amount of time. I want the repetitions of doing things perfectly and getting good shot placement. But I also want to push myself so I improve and that frequently results in shots outside the “A” zone. As long as I can determine what I need to improve, it was a good day at the range, regardless of what my target looks like. I try to walk that fine line between pushing my limits (safely of course) and not ingraining bad habits that I’ll have to correct later.

3 Likes

Took the Ruger MPR to the range to sight in my Leupold RDS.Im going to really like this rifle…I’ve gotta admit

The bullet drop compensation works as advertised.After zero I tried the 350 and 400 as you can see not bad for a red dot.

7 Likes

Well, here ya go :slight_smile:

These were shot testing new recoil springs in 2 different 9mm. One is a Sig P938 with a 3.1" barrel and a new 22 LB recoil spring from Galloway Precision. The other is a Springfield EMP 4" barrel with a new 13 LB recoil spring from Wilson Combat. Both springs are flat wire. Both guns shot both targets because I was interested in testing the springs under various firing rates. They both worked perfect.

The 22 LB spring seemed to tame the recoil quite a bit on the 16 ounce micro-pistol :+1:

9 Likes

100 yards, Sig Cross-PRS, in 6.5 Creedmoor

12 Likes

That was a high point. The other was hitting this little silhouette at 550 yards.

9 Likes