Range Check-Ins on "Protector Academy" Phone App

Is there a way to go back and log a check-in after forgetting to check-in? I went to my Range twice last week and forgot to “check-in” on the app.
The reason I ask is because it counts towards earning more “badges” on the phone app: “Protector Academy”.

4 Likes

Welcome EIleen3. We are glad you found us.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say you forgot to check-in. None of the ranges in my area are advanced enough to have a app for checking in. It is all controlled by range officers. We also do not have any USCCA ranges either, so that may be what you are referring to.

Anyway, Glad you are here.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @July3rdPatriot and we are happy to have you with us. I believe you are referring to the USCCA dashboard accomplishments correct? I am not sure how that works but when I click on them nothing happens.

3 Likes

@Johnnyq60 Thank you. Oh that’s too bad. They’re actually kinda fun to help you keep track of training. I’m a long time Patriot and supporter of the 2A, however, just purchased my first firearm and really am enjoying USCCA’s training videos and guided range training exercises. The app is a really really helpful tool for newbies.

7 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Welcome to the group and to the USCCA! The on line training is good. I’m glad youre using it. Enjoy yourself and keep on learning!

2 Likes

I’d say just check in. A check in is a check in for the app and it’s solely for your own tracking, entirely self reported. If you are using it to count range trips and forgot one, just make one up to replace it (like, just do it now)

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @July3rdPatriot

2 Likes

On my Smartphone the Range Signin on the Protector Academy app asks me to activate my Location before it allows me to signin to a range.
I’ve probably forgotten to Signin more times than I can count.

2 Likes

But does it actually check to verify that your location is at a range? I almost never shoot at a formal range. If you wanted to make sure you were keeping track of your total number of range visits and forgot one or two couldn’t you just record an extra visit to your at home dry fire range?

1 Like

@Shamrock , I really don’t know. My wife and I are honest folks so that’s what we do.

2 Likes

I don’t use the app to track my range visits. But if I did I don’t think it would be dishonest to later record actual visits I did but forgot to record at the time.

It might not be accurate for time and location but if the original poster is primarily concerned with recording the number of visits they actually did then logging them at a later date could be helpful and not dishonest.

I’m not sure if the app records are used for formal qualifications but if someone just wanted to game the system to get a piece of paper they could drive to a range parking lot and record a visit without firing a shot.

1 Like

It does not. It’s really nothing more than giving you a place to count how many times you report yourself as having gone to a range

1 Like

To all, I somewhat agree with your and others thoughts. We all do what we feel best :+1:.

2 Likes

I keep a logbook in my range bag, but honestly, I don’t always remember to keep notes on my drills. Using the check in button allows me to have a general idea of how frequently I practice. I never like to let it go more than a month between range sessions, but I try for more often just because I really enjoy shooting as a hobby. In any case, if I forget to check in right when I go, I do it as soon as I remember afterward to keep an accurate count.

3 Likes