Range bag for 3 people

So just started teaching my daughters to the range with me, and my teacher back won’t comfortably fit three of everything (except pistols, to he 2 that go in there, Walther P22 & either SAR9/Glock 43x, won’t fit with the rest) & ammo for the pistols, 100rds .22 & 150-200rds 9mm. So looking for something that’ll fit everything comfortably.

3 Likes

G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack Black GPS-1711BP https://a.co/d/8uawYay

2 Likes

Might consider more than one bag.

But the standard go-to (IMO) Midway USA bag will fit as much as I’d want to be able to fit into a singular range bag

4 Likes

I can recommend 5.11 RANGE READY™ TRAINER BAG 50L.
It fits everything needed for an Instructor (2 pistols, 1 SIRT, 9 mags, 6 mag carriers, 600 rds of 9mm, 2 holsters, notepad, sticky noted, index cards, sharpies, 2 flashlights, 6 batteries, 2 bottles of hand sanitizer, hand wipes, gun cleaning kit) so I’m sure it will fit stuff for 3 shooters. :point_up:
Well made, very sturdy and looks professional.

5 Likes

This.

3 Likes

Why try to fit it in one bag? More balanced in two, and are they old enough to carry one?

6 Likes

That’s what father and gentleman is doing for daughters and women. :+1:

2 Likes

When I take my sons to the range, I usually just let him pick which one they each want to shoot so at most I’m carrying 3.

I put the firearms in my range bag and move the ear & eye protection, ammunition, and misc stuff in another. I carry the firearms and they take turns carrying the other bag.

When we add a rifle or two to the mix, then everyone carries a bag.

6 Likes

Can carry the kitchen sink if needed!
Used this on all family outings to the range. That was 6 people, 4 handguns, .45ACP, 500 rounds + 50 topped off magazines, first aid kit, eyes and ears for 4 people, cleaning gear, multi tools, flashlight, foul weather gear for one, spare parts, 3”, 6”, and index card targets, stapler, log books and it’s still roomy!
Back in 2009 when I could carry it all, since then, everything is now separate. Empty nest, now it takes up room in the closet!

Today, I fly solo.

4 Likes

My range bag is on wheels similar to a carry-on suitcase. There are several models out there you can look at but if I want I can easily carry six firearms and all the necessary gear to the range with ease. Oh the small bag on the handle is my trauma kit that I always take with me. And there’s plenty of room in the basement of the bag for hundreds of rounds of ammo.

5 Likes

This is a sharp looking bag @ShooterRick :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks! I think the brand was GPS and you can find them on Amazon about $136 bucks. Seems like a lot but it sure has been worth it to me especially the older I get.

3 Likes

I go to the club by myself, and usually take 3 bags, so don’t think I’ll be much help.
My 3-gun bag carries 2 rifles or rifle/shotgun, ammo and mags.
Actually, the USCCA bag carries 4 pistols, 8 or more mags and around 150 rounds of 9mm, and my NRA duffel carries a towel, scope, eyes, ears, snakes, lube and tools…

5 Likes

I got one of those 5.11 bags for Christmas.
Great bag for carrying all kinds of goodies.
I had seen one in a store and was impressed by it.
Saw it on sale at Optics Planet for a very good price, so sent the wife a link and told her this is all I need for Christmas. Yes, it was not a “want” :smirk:

7 Likes
5 Likes

I actually have that bag in my closet it’s a great bag but if you load it out man is it heavy! The reason I went with wheels is a bad back and I’m an old fart!

3 Likes

Johnny, get them their own range bags and make them responsible for their own stuff. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jonny426

I find that I can make one bag too heavy to carry comfortably If I try to bring the whole arsenal.

Two bags for balance or a backpack sound good!

3 Likes

Another day well spent in the community!

I just found a new use for this item which is gathering dust on the back wall of the garage.

Will make this more manageable

5 Likes

I actually did something similar at one time. Lol

3 Likes