What do you haul your gear in?

Incredible range bags that will change the way you haul gear. My review: 5.11 RANGE BAGS IN REVIEW - The Classic Woodsman

4 Likes

I have an old computer backpack. I use my carry gun so I keep that on me. I have to clear it before I get in the range.

4 Likes

I’ve been using “M&P by Smith & Wesson” range bag for few years. It is ok for single gun, med kit, ammo, holsters, mags and small accessories.

Last year I started playing with more pistols and bought “5.11 Trainer Bag”. So now I can put everything from old bag, plus two more handguns, holsters and magazines for them. :grinning:
This bag is really great… however not so convenient to carry on the shoulder.
But it is great for travel with all the stuff packed in this single big bag. :metal:
Additionally it can be easily extended with molle type pouches.

3 Likes

I bought this one a while ago and couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

Sorry, I have about 5 variations of that same theme with the shoulder strap and they are all retired. Big bags end up getting so heavy they become cumbersome and outright uncomfortable to carry fully loaded with multiple handguns, ammo, hearing protection etc.

I now have a backpack type bag (similar to the above GPS Karacal posted) that carries up to 5 handguns and all the accessories I need and it’s MUCH easier and very comfortable to handle the weight.

2 Likes

I use a mid sized tool bag like you might see a mobile mechanic carry. Very heavy duty canvas and zippers, lots of compartments inside and out for dividing up magazines, my wife’s and my ear/eye protection, cleaning supplies, screwdrivers/bits for the revolvers, etc. Plus, it was half the price of a similar “range bag” from one of the big shooting names. I can’t recall which tool outlet I got it from.

2 Likes

That is what I have been doing for years. One of mine says Husky. Another one says ArmorAll. They are rugged and built to carry weight. The Home Depot models are available with up to 16 pockets that are a bargain at regular price, but they sometimes put them on sale.

Just my opinion; “Most” people are not as tempted to break in a vehicle to steal a bag with unknown tool assortment as they are breaking in and stealing a bag that most likely has firearms and ammo.

Everything I need for a 1/2 to 1 hour indoor range session always fits and is not too heavy for shoulder strap carry into the building. I carry ammo in separate metal or plastic ammo can(s) for an extended outdoor range session. My vehicle is always nearby at an outdoor range so I just take out lighter quantities of ammo as needed.

3 Likes

An MTM plastic pistol case with a teeny weeny padlock (to be legal) inside an olive drab Allen range bag.

1 Like

A discontinued model of LA PoliceGear backpack, with a molle attached blowout kit on one side.

1 Like

I use those for shooting associated equipment like timers, chronographs, hearing protection, shooting rests and such. I agree the pricing is usually very compelling for the quality you get :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

USCCA range bag. Plenty of pockets/flaps for small parts as well as larger tools and such. Dedicated mag pouches and a main compartment that I have had filled with 4-6 handguns and ammo to feed them.

Granted I may have to adjust my aim as my arm might have stretched an inch or more after arriving if it’s loaded to the hilt! :smile:

4 Likes

ammo is in its own cases and random range stuff like shot timer and stapler and extra mags and all that is in my USCCA range bag now. Guns are usually either in pelicans or on my person, depending on where and what we are doing.

3 Likes

FWIW people in my town will break into a car to steal anything they can see. That’s why I leave my range bag in the trunk—heck I put everything in the trunk.
Back when I had my pickup, I kept my gear in an Igloo Playmate is it wouldn’t fit hidden behind or underneath the bench seat.

2 Likes

It works better for me to put my stuff in two or three separate bags so weight is distributed.

For eyes and ears, small tools, etc., I use a $8 Basspro fishing bag which is lightweight and roomy and has a shoulder sling.

As for firearms, I have a rifle case that has pouches intended to hold pistols so all guns are in one place.
When shooting only handguns, I use a case that holds three.

Lastly, ammo in metal box. Most of the time, this is the only thing that is carried by hand. The others through shoulder sling.

1 Like

Completely depends on what I’m going to shoot and how much I’m going to shoot it. I think that we’ve done this before. You may want to do a search instead of starting another thread.

1 Like

These are the ones I’m seeing most often now at my matches. Thinking of picking one up myself this year… Understand many of the ranges I go to have gravel so big tires are a must…

2 Likes

I mostly use the standard Midway USA range bag, but am really thinking I need a two strap backtap type as discussed above due to weight

1 Like

1 Like