Your range bag

So I have been looking range bags not sure which to get. I have been eyeing the GPS Tatical range bag. From some reviews I have read the bags aren’t a good fit. I have also been looking at the one with foam padding. Which ones do you guys have

4 Likes

I use an orange plastic utility box. It is large enough to hold my ammo, tools, hearing protection, glasses, timer, couple towels, and it is very recognizable that is is mine. It keeps my equipment dry if I am outside range.

7 Likes

A Molle bag.

3 Likes

I have a old Midway range bag. Love it! It has a mini range range bag on the inside that is removable ( just in case you just want to go with your pistol and basics.) It has pockets for everything (lol). Sometimes, it actually works against you, 'cause you have to go through all the pockets to find that “thing” you know you have yet can’t find it. :wink:
Have had it for about 10 years and holds up like a champ!
Good luck in your search, this is a great place to hear what the rest of the community has of their own.
Sometimes things you never thought of! :+1:

4 Likes

I carry the Vault box that I purchased from USCCA. They also have the range bag you can purchase but some here on the forum said theirs didn’t last too long. Maybe too much weight in it.

2 Likes

When I added another handgun to my CCW I needed to upsize.
Got a Bob Allen at Sportsman’s Warehouse.
So far, so good.

2 Likes

This is what I use: range bag . I like the magazine loops, and the other side is just big enough for printed 8 1/2 x 11 targets. I also like the velcro main compartment dividers. It’s big enough for hearing protection for the Boss & I, the various stuff i bring for hanging targets, plenty of ammo, and 4 or 5 firearms. I have a small trauma/ifaik kit attached to the molle end of the bag

3 Likes

I bought a canvas tool bag from harbor freight. Holds what I take to the range. Other than guns, magazine, and ammo. I carry a bostitch stapler to fasten tgts. A few small tools. IE screwdriver. Also fits my ear muffs, eye protection. Not fancy or name brand but it works for me.

5 Likes

Midway sells a range backpack. Just buy it now. I have numerous different range bags over the years, and this is the one I should have bought first.

2 Likes

I went with the Orca Range Bag, and it works well for me.

1 Like

I have what appears to be the bag listed by @Greg33 just above. It is the bag I take when its just me and a pistol or two. I have a bigger one, that I think i got from a gun show so it has no brand/marking on it, but its a bit bigger to carry more ear/eye pro (multiple people), more firearms, etc.

It can be any bag really, it just needs to hold the firearm securely, any mags, ammo, ear/eye pro, targets. Extra stuff that comes in handy would be med kit, tools for minor fixes, maybe gloves, ammo loaders, etc.

2 Likes

I use a back-pack that I got as a premium from the NRA for a few years. It has all the compartments I need and it is easy to transport while I carry gun cases etc.

1 Like

The items I carry/stow in that bag include two earpro, 2 eyepro, small pr of binoculars, a small Otis cleaning kit, mags in loops in both outside pockets, Uplula, folding knife, pen, Sharpie, Write-In-Rain brand notepad to annotate brand/caliber/#rounds fired, and usually 200 rounds of ammo. The last item placed on top of the i terior gear is a small rolled-up synthetic mat to lay pistols on on the range benches.

In addition to my CC piece, the additional pistol(s) I take to the range are carried in gun rugs in a separate bag, which has paper targets, staple gun, roll of masking tape, a couple of water bottles, and 2-3 pkgs of snack crackers. The Orca bag usually weighs 13-14 lbs when loaded.

3 Likes

I use a 5.11 range bag. It’s plenty big and I can really load it up which means it can get heavy. Unfortunately I no longer see it on the 5.11 website…

1 Like

I probably have 8-10 range bags set up for different shooting activities. The one thing I can tell you is that the bigger you go the more crap you’ll put in them and the big ones will get uncomfortably heavy to lug around. You are better off with a couple of smaller ones.

7 Likes

I’ve been using the GPS range bag for more than one year, holding up very well. I load it heavy and while I take care of my equipment it is a tool and therefore it is used. The zippers are holding up great and no bad stitching. Very good investment, IMHO.

Larry

2 Likes

I’ve got the **USCCA*range bag, it hold alot of stuff, I love it,great bag.
range bag

5 Likes

I’m cheap. Plano Model 1312. Holds 200 rounds of 9mm, my speed loader, safety glasses, and I clip my hearing protection to the carrying strap with a carabiner. It has 3 nice magazine holders, a padded pouch for the firearm(s), and a nice padded zip-down gun mat for field stripping. It’s basically a soft bag built around a plastic 1312 ammo can. $40 on Amazon, totally satisfied.

2 Likes

This one from Midway is a nice one

3 Likes

The USCCA one for me, wife, and daughter. Us eyes and ears from USCCA.

2 Likes