Question of the day

A posted threat against a sitting president is illegal? Isn’t this a case of first amendment rights? I’ve read hundreds of posts threatening President Trump - on Twitter (it’s the only social media I’m on). I don’t get it unless this is just Biden tyranny. Asking for help from the community on this. Thanks.

6 Likes

It was alright to threaten Trump, because he was doing right by our country, not the taliban, or china. You can’t threaten puddin pants joe because the USA is the least of his concern. Except for thugs and lgbtqpb .

6 Likes

Is Karacal OK?

WHERE’S KARACAL!

1 Like

8 Likes

And the FBI will be knocking in 3….2….1….

6 Likes

Just to clarify, I’m asking the legal scholars here - there must be a few - is it illegal to write a threatening post against a sitting pedo, whoops, i mean president? Seriously. I have never heard of any law that states this. I’m not condoning the act but stupidity isn’t illegal as far as i know.

1 Like

Yes, threatening the President is illegal. Threatening the person sitting in the White House posing as our president, not so much, but those protecting him will still do the bidding of the one(s) actually in charge. We have lost our Republic. I can only hope that we can somehow recover it.

4 Likes

Threaten a sitting president and being a personal chef to a former president seem to have the same outcome

3 Likes

There is freedom of speech to a point, you cannot say I’m going to kill you to someone nor can you I am going to bomb a school. Those making threats against any political figure should expect a visit from the Feds.

4 Likes

Of course you can. I am going to kill you. The difference is do I have the ability and/or intent? Your joke killed me. Obviously, it did not. Context is everything, except when it pertains to a “Democratic” “president”, then your life is at risk.

3 Likes

I remember robert denutso saying that he wanted to punch Trump in the face. Evidently that was ok. Or that scuzzball comedian with the fake severed head saying Trump should be beheaded. All in a days work for looney libs, nothing to see here move along.

1 Like

Saying I’m going to kill you is vastly different than saying that joke killed me. Saying I am going to kill you by law is considered simple assault, it would depend on the person it is said to. If they have the frame of mind of a Karen it could cause a lot of problems for the one that said it.

If someone says that they are going to kill you, how would you not take them seriously.

1 Like

If it’s a close friend and they realize you’re not serious, still a dangerous thing to do.

2 Likes

You did not read most of my post. I stated context is important. I first stated I was going to kill you, and stated without ability nor intent, it is not a crime, and I likened it to “your joke killed me.”

“There is freedom of speech to a point, you cannot say I’m going to kill you to someone nor can you I am going to bomb a school”

or

FIRE!. (in a movie theatre!) I wasn’t inciting panic I needed a light my BONG went out!
WHERE’S HUNTER! when you need him?

1 Like

I am going to kill you. You rationally believe that I have the ability and/or intent? Trump had effigies of him, etc., and no charges were ever brought upon those people. let alone agents of our federal government killing them.

1 Like

I did read it completely and understood what you were saying about the context, I was making the point that person that it’s directed at frame of mind is more vital.

1 Like

You guys are killing me :rofl:

3 Likes

FBI guy reading this thread, please send a squad to his house and kill him. :rofl:

2 Likes