Primers

Same here, a brick of CCI #41, looking to trade for SPP, Near Carson City area

1 Like

A vendor on Gunbroker was selling old (by the box color) primers for $165/1000. Those are the only ones I have seen for months.

1 Like

Yes it’s insane

Alright, I’ll who’s going to be the first to make their own primers?

3 Likes

Lol nah I give that a pass.

2 Likes

I call Turners sporting goods twice a week on delivery days. In 2 months of calling, I have only been able to buy 600 small pistol mag primers. I have had to cut my range time way down.

1 Like

Almost zero range time here it is quite depressing.

1 Like

I have a box of any where matches and almost 1000 used primers to test with lol

You’d have to go back to 2019 to find primers. The only companies that make primers also make ammunition (e.g. Federal, Winchester, CCI/Speer). With demand being what it is for ammo, those manufacturers are using their primers to produce ammo, which is more profitable for them. Basically, we used to be able to buy primers when demand for ammo was down and they weren’t running three shifts/day to keep up with demand. We were buying their “excess inventory”. From what I understand, we won’t be seeing any pistol primers again until we start seeing ammo back on the shelves with the prices dropping back down by at least 50% of what it is today. Having said that, I have heard stories of some people finding shotshell primers and some even finding rifle primers in very limited quantities (retail, not someone selling their excess stash to make a few bucks).

2 Likes

I’m looking for 209 shotshell primers. Was told by someone primers will prob be the last thing to recover

1 Like

I haven’t seen primers in months. If I did they were .25 + cents each. Switched to .22 LR about the sme price but I’ve got a gazillion.

2 Likes

Can’t even find 22LR in Indiana lol

1 Like

I’ve given up looking for primers. On a good note I saw that the Remington ammo factory in Arkansas is now back to 24/7 production and will start pushing out shipments to gun shops ASAP.

1 Like

Hope it starts to improve for you guys

Wagner’s in Casper, WY had a couple thousand W209 shotgun primers yesterday. Box/1000 for $54.90. I know that’s a bit pricey but nothing close to what’s on Gunbroker.

1 Like

Thanks will check them out

Got lucky enough to put an online order in the other day. Box arrived today and it looked like it broke or was broken into and nothing was inside except the plastic air bags they use for packing material.

1 Like

I have been finding CCI #500 and #41 coming in more frequently at Scheels.
Powder, I ordered from Hodgdon directly. The hazmat shipping hurt but I was able to get a couple pounds.

1 Like

Yeah that hazmat fee is a real Bitch

1 Like

Oh that is horrible!! Have you reported it to the shipper?