Are reloaders having problems finding supplies?

I have been reloading for years and I have never seen it so hard to find primers. Am I alone on this? How about powder? or bullets?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Large pistol primers are what I need! 45 acp

3 Likes

Small rifle and small pistol magnum are fairly easy to find.

I got 4000 Large pistol from Brownells a Couple months ago. 2k magnum and two thousand non magnum.

I almost made a made a midway order last week. I could have put 3000 in the cart but the small pistol were magnum.

I’m beginning to wonder if small rifle and small pistol magnum are not the same thing?

I’ll try to post a link here when I see them now that I know what you are looking for.

I wish I could find Reloader 7

2 Likes

Powder was tight for a while but seems to be getting better primers are still hit and miss just glad I stocked up before all this BS

1 Like

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/servicios-aventuras-small-pistol-primers/

Has anyone tried these? I’ve seen mixed reviews on other forums. Misfires and hard cups possibly small rifle primers in small pistol packaging?

Hazmat and shipping wouldn’t be bad with 5 or 10,000 in the cart, but it’s a lot of malfunction drills if they are poor quality…

1 Like

Right! I even sold some bulk pack thunderbolt for a profit in 2020 to a guy I had repeatedly told to buy while it was in stock. Maybe he will grasp the effects of elections on our rights from now on.

4 Likes

nothing available here in the Keweenaw
son brought some supplies in from Mn. this weekend

Mike

2 Likes

While everybody was chasing toilet paper, I was buying reloading supplies. I just should have ordered more primers.

4 Likes

Ive been buying supplies a little at a time for years. Any time I walked into a gun shop I would grab a sleeve or two of primers or a can of powder. But I have noticed things are starting to come back around. On saturday in cabelas I found a can of a powder type that I use frequently that I havent seen in stores for about 3 years.

4 Likes

images (1)

3 Likes

I have aalso noticed that the reloading supplies are picking up now after the shortage

2 Likes

I noticed Benchmark was at cabellas two weeks ago. $50 per pound. I left it on the shelf…

Lol. Thats the one.

1 Like

Powder Valley has Federal LPP in stock.

1 Like

I’ve found powder and primers are generally available, but pricey. Still cheaper than buying ammo. I try to buy primers 5k at a time and powder in 4lb or 8lb jugs to offset shipping and hazmat.

I buy bullets from RMR. They never raised prices during pandemic, but got back ordered a couple of times. They seem to be keeping stuff in stock these days.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can order supplies from the IRS!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it. My wife gets put on hold for 1.5 hours every time she calls them. Have screenshots for proof…

I’ve got an order from RMR in the mail as we speak. I can shoot their hollow points for practice they are so affordable!! About the same cost as plated bullets elsewhere.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s turning cold in your neck of the woods. I had to turn on the AC last night it was so humid in Tennessee.

1 Like