Looking for Small Rifle Primers.

Hello everyone. I’m looking for Small Rifle Primers. And I haven’t been able to find any. I’ve looked on Midway USA, Brownell’s, and even in local gun stores. And haven’t been able to find any. Does anyone know where I might be able to find some. I want to start reloading .223 ammo. But I cannot find the primers. Powder and bullets I can find. but not the primers. Thanks for any help.

3 Likes

Primers are the last piece of the puzzle. Local vendors are keeping them for own use. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://usa-reloads.com/product-category/primers-in-stock/

1 Like
1 Like

Goood …luck!

2 Likes

Reloading (thecastlearms.com)

2 Likes

I have plenty of SPP and SRP but have no large rifle primers, as I just got into a couple of 30-06 rifles this past year. If you have LRP and live close I’d love to meet up for some coffee or BBQ and chat about it.

1 Like

I went to the USA Reloads and they have LRP! $64 per 1000. A pretty good price. But, they say you have to order at least $150 worth of product. Have you ordered from them before? Are they legit?

3 red flags, miniumum order of $150, the prices are about 50% less than other places, they only take Zelle pay or CashApp pay. No V/MC/D or other bank card.

2 Likes

I have not used them before. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Still seeing the same problem too. Shortages are NOT over. I thought by now that at least large rifle primers would be back, but a visit to the sites I have used showed NO primers, of any kind, are presently available!

2 Likes

If they don’t take a CC, I’d guarantee they’re a scam.
Use Ammoseek, read the reviews beforehand.

Edit to add…their address is not found in a Google search. Snipershide forum had the same issue.
Found a Third St. in Germansville, but no Third Ave. Phone # removed as well due to being "so busy " :thinking:. Yeah folks who got duped wondering where their primers are.

4 Likes

Have to agree with that caution. It’s a supremely good time for on line rip-offs. High demand, no supplies, and shipping wait times that are often 4 weeks or more without explanation. Con artists could be to Tahiti and back twice before you can even verify that your are in fact not getting what you bought, but, they get your money INSTANTLY.

It a recipe for disaster,

They get the money instantly, but you don’t get, or even get to see, your purchase for days at best?

I will never feel comfortable with this way of buying things, it’s just begging for trouble, sooner or later.

2 Likes

Got this promo yesterday…

1 Like

I have used the Ginex small pistol primers. Haven’t used their small rifle nor have I ordered from this site.

1 Like

Got an email from Target Sports yesterday, 5000,cci iirc, $600. Reputable local distributor but no deals lately.

1 Like

Small rifle have been easier to find in my opinion. I check the online retailers every weekday morning.

1 Like

Im looking for shotshell primers, But only need 200 . Most are selling bulk

I’d like to thank everyone for the help all gave me. I did find some small rifle primers on that web sites that I was given. But most of them had a min purchase. My brother did find some at a gun store he was at. And he got them for me. And he got me 2000. some I’m good to go now. Again thanks for all of the help.

3 Likes