Police Milling in Hallway During Uvalde Massacre

The article says " video from May 24 shows two officers approach the classrooms not long after the gunman and then run back amid the sounds of gunfire."

2 Likes

I just watched it on Fox News online. I really don’t have the words. I just can’t understand what I watched. Was anyone in command? 74 minutes.

74 minutes.

6 Likes

And it is truly amazing that the Left blames the gun!!! And the the families will NEVER see justice and not one police officer will be held accountable. These tragedies, unfortunately, will put all agencies and all police in a bad light.

6 Likes

I really like the “anti-viral tactical soap maneuver”.
I’ve read many Active Shooter response manuals, I can’t seem to find that maneuver? Is that exclusive SOP for Uvalde police?

Was this incompetence or cowardice? Or worse yet, just following orders? Was it a product of defunding? Is there a rational explanation for standing around when the suspect was clearly out manned and out gunned?

5 Likes

I can’t read about Uvalde anymore. My blood pressure medications aren’t strong enough for it.

They need to get rid of their entire police force and start over from the ground floor.

3 Likes

Didn’t we have a bit of a coward at Parkland as well?
Sometimes it smells like rat.

6 Likes

Almost immediately, once I heard about how the police were arresting and tasing people who tried to go in and save the kids, I started feeling that it had to have been done on purpose, that the police wanted the kids to die. I don’t know that I was right about that, but I sure felt it.

7 Likes

four officers were fired for cowardice and of course, Leftist Scott Israel was eventually fired by the governor and then the Florida senate, equaling a mere 5 compared to 60 at Uvalde.

3 Likes

Maybe they should change the saying of when seconds count, the police are milling about trying to figure out what to do?

I think this case was a good example of why we can’t rely on the police all the time.

Did the Uvalde police do any sort of training for this and how often do they do it? From their community outreach newsletter, I know that my local PD does run periodic school shooter scenarios to practice their response.

2 Likes

From what I watched of the ‘edited’ video is that CBP looked like they were the only ones in the hallway that wanted to engage the shooter, the plain clothes guys couldn’t even keep their vests on, 1 uniformed officer got half way down the hallway then turned around, back to the direction of the shooter, and leisurely walked back to toward the camera. Keystone Cops came to mind and lots of anger, disgust at how this was handled.
Chris Pratt could have done a better job and he’s an actor!

4 Likes

The parents could have done a better job-- AND THEY WANTED TO SAVE THE STUDENTS BUT WERE PREVENTED!!!

What comes to my mind is the new law enforcement motto: OFFICER SAFETY BEFORE CITIZEN SAFETY". LEOs have become a cowardly lot.

3 Likes

The Citizens pay for PD.
PD doesn’t do the job the Citizens contracted them to do.
PD prevents the Citizens from doing the job themselves or hiring professionals to do the job.

This is an impossible situation right there and won’t last.

7 Likes

Clearly, some of the cops were completely in over their heads. A few of them looked like they wanted to do something I’m guessing fear took over and they didn’t act.
the other thing is, Why in the world did they release the video without first allowing the parents to see it in private?

2 Likes

If they have an ounce of character and dignity (probably not) they should all resign and relinquish their POST certificates so they can’t get more innocents killed that are relying on their “bravery”. And I should add , I am a retired LEO and trained in ALERT level I and II. That situation makes me sick in a way that I can’t describe. My fellow LEO’s know what I mean.

5 Likes

This morning on CBS News, they showed the video released- CBS edited out the children screaming but clearly showed one of the most horrific, cowardly acts of trained professionals who not only had body armor on but also had some shield as well. They never took the fight to the shooter to save those unarmed, innocent little children who had no chance to survive on their own. One part of the video actually shows an officer clean his hands while kids are being slaughtered. Every single one of these so called law enforcement officers, who swear an oath to SERVE & PROTECT must RESIGN IMMEDIATELY! They are not qualified to wear the uniform. I’m being kind when I say not qualified. Every time I watch and listen to this entire tragedy and all the excuses mentioned, it makes me sick to my stomach and so upset at the actions of all these law enforcement personnel. What a disgrace. Please resign immediately if not sooner. I keep asking myself, how can a highly trained well armed, properly protected law enforcement officer stand down, or run the other way, away from the danger, away from all those children and look themselves in the mirror or ever sleep at night again… What a colossal failure at every level.

6 Likes

Contact them, let them feel your anger. I did. :angry:

1 Like

We beginning to see a pattern here❓

5 Likes

Did former Broward Deputy Scot Peterson move to Texas? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It is when you soil your pants and have to use bare hands to clean it up…

4 Likes

I agree completely good sir. You found the words I was searching for.

If I had done what they did and didn’t do, I don’t think I could ever look in a mirror again. A few of them should have gotten in a stack and made it happen. 30 second briefing then hit the door.

Some things are worth dying for if you are faced with it.

5 Likes