Police Milling in Hallway During Uvalde Massacre

Thank you Virgil… I know without any hesitation, had my child been in there nothing would’ve kept me out. If I was part this supposedly highly trained, body armored force of men… and I say that loosely… because these were not men… real men don’t leave their comrades to die on the battlefield and stand idly by watching, listening and cleaning their hands… while the enemy slaughters them… but so much worse having 8-10 year olds screaming being slaughtered… No asshole superior officer stand down and wait order… WAIT? For what? Until this horrible excuse for a person killed everyone? Would have kept me from charging in there and killing that Mother F-er ! Sorry for the foul language … I served a long time ago… I am just beside myself with anger and frustration… what are these men… these highly trained, well armed, body armored men made of? Bullshit and lies is what I think… They talk a great game… act tough until it matters most…. Then they run with their tails between their legs like a bunch of cowards! No excuse for this tragedy. That entire police, sheriff, swat and homeland security… police and any I missed should all resign immediately. Never to be allowed to work again in law enforcement… they are collectively a colossal failure of epic proportions. Take care… thanks for your email.
DC

5 Likes

Right on the money sir. That is it exactly. Thank you too. Thank you also for your service for our great Republic.

1 Like

Thank you again Virgil. I served our great Nation way back in the mid 70’s. Wow, how much has changed and how much still remains the same. I look back in our glorious past and see time and time again others giving their own very lives to save another’s… often a total stranger. The ultimate sacrifice without any hesitation. I’d like to believe that many of these lives saved by these heroic acts, became doctors, lawyers, Congressmen and women and Senators military commanders-officers, enlisted men and women, as well as good law enforcement officers. Those that would in a heart beat return the very act that someone else committed to give them a chance at life… or should I say a second chance. Then I revert back to this horrific Vulverde Texas School tragedy… and I wonder why we experienced such an epic failure and so many children died, some who may have grown up scientists and discovered the cure for cancer, or a future POTUS who unites our great nation like it should be… after all we are named “The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”. The loss of these children and awesome teachers, will leave a void that may never be filled and a country wondering why? Virgil, take care of yourself. Thanks again.
Don

3 Likes

How do these cops sleep at night?
The screams of the murdered children must surely haunt them.

5 Likes

When I was an officer back in the mid 70s my safety was second to the safety of the citizens… the motto of modern police is: " Officer Safety Before Your Safety". What a sad state of affairs.

4 Likes

Eliza1,
Thank you for your email. As a kid growing up in the 50’s-60’s in Brooklyn NY, and serving in the military in the 70’s I was always taught to have the utmost respect for adults, and especially for law enforcement. Back then, we had beat cops who walked the streets and kept neighborhoods safe… we lived 1 block from the Projects and we had over 100 kids on my one city block- e cause we had apartment buildings mixed in with private homes… My family never owned a home. Anyway, when a group of us of were hanging out on a corner a cop would walk by with his nite stick and first time ASK us to move away because there were stores, candy stores, soda shops, grocery stores, etc., and we were blocking their entrance… plus it made elderly folks nervous- we were a group of kids made up of black, white, Hispanic and Asian kids… sometimes 15-20 or more… we were usually just talking about what we were going to do over the weekend coming. Baseball - using a black electric taped up hardball since we played on all concrete ball fields, softball, basketball, punchball, football, etc. When the officer came back if we were still hanging out he would rattle his nite stick along a fence as he approached- if you were dumb enough to be still standing there when he got to you, he would give you a slight whack on the leg- it still hurt believe me… and you learned quickly what discipline was… GOD forbid you went home and told your parents… unlike today’s society where everyone sues for everything, our parents usually hit us worse than that cop did and we immediately learned two lessons… First, don’t ever disrespect a police officer and two, don’t be stupid enough to tell your folks. I also had numerous relatives who became police officers and back then it was a highly respected career path. It still is today, but sadly we have exceptions just like in every other profession or careers- doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc., etc. These Texas law enforcement officers who were part of this group that responded to the school where so many children were slaughtered, should not be allowed to ever be allowed to be in this profession again. They have disgraced the profession. All my relatives and close friends who are today or were police officers, are sickened by this and all feel damaged by this horrific tragedy. I do sincerely hope that any and all of these law enforcement officers who were in that hallway, on video, that stood idly by or ran away from the danger, resign immediately and if they don’t whomever is in charge - the top law enforcement person needs to immediately fire them… Immediately fire the guy - forgot his name, that gave the stand down order then used multiple excuses for his cowardly failures… and if necessary the Governor if allowed by law, Fire and replace every single law enforcement officer and supervisors responsible for this colossal failure. Sorry for the run on response… It’s just so painful to watch and listen to this tragedy… everyday a new revelation comes forth showing another mistake made, another act of coward behavior, and that sickening video of an officer sanitizing his hands while 8-10 year old children are being killed… what kind of human being is this guy? He should have resigned that day!
Take care and stay safe… thanks again for your email.
Don

4 Likes

In any active shooter situation you sanitize first, pathetic!

It should be mandatory that every school district have a trained specific response team to a shooter situation (police), and that this police team be experienced at each school, and have a kit that includes keys, codes, maps, and access to all camera’s.

While coaching and working at a small College I had to work with the local police forces active shooter person, it was very informative!

1 Like

The only thing that haunts a liberal is a good guy with a gun, an overturned abortion law and the correct use of pronouns! That’s what haunts them. Now! When I die, they’re going to have a lot more to worry about!

Since I’m not allowed to fix stupid while I’m alive, I will surely have the joy when I’ve passed! I promise to bring my antiviral soap!

4 Likes

Remember: police are not there to protect you. They cant be sued for failures like this. There was a big SCOTUS case that said as much. I read that as the duty for self defense falls to the people.

3 Likes

I grew up in the worst district in the worst county in the state of Kansas, Wyandotte County, Rosedale district during the 60’s and early 70s. I lived in the projects for a few years and I have to say that it truly was the worst years of my life. It was actually 2 police officers who turned me around, a KCKS detective who would let me ride around with him and a Sheriff’s deputy-- back from Viet Nam- who would pick me up every Friday night and take me to spent the weekend with his family in Blue Spring, MO-- about 30 miles away. When I got out of the Marine Corps I knew I wanted to be a cop. I went to college and trained to be a LEO. When I became a cop I had the mentality that I was there to protect the people and would have died in the process if need be. Today, the police are so worried about themselves that they are distrusted and disrespected and many times they deserve it. The new police motto is: Police Safety Before Your Safety. How sad.

2 Likes

Sadly you are 100% correct regarding many, not all, of our police officers today. I had step brother and brother in law cops in NYC, as well as nephew in Homeland Security, and past now retired cops - one great friend of mine was a decorated Cop with the rank of Captain. He retired after an over 30 year career. All of them are sick over the Texas tragedy… I’m not sure why the Governor hasn’t taken action already. These Undependable, careless, don’t give a crap about anyone… even kids, they only care about themselves. They are selfish little wanabees… and cowards on top of that…. How can so many fail us, our children all at the same time, the same tragedy… an AVOIDABLE TRAGEDY ???
Please take care, stay safe. Thanks again for your email.
DC

3 Likes

Good take on why something like this could even happen - https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/15/police-failures-in-uvalde-are-what-happen-when-law-enforcement-cares-more-about-woke-politics-than-training/

4 Likes

Interesting.
Then could they (police) be sued for interfering with the duty of parents to enter the school in order to rescue their children?

1 Like

That piece is MOST worthy of being shared on EVERYBODY’S social pages.

1 Like

Nope. The cops could say the scene wasnt safe. But the CBP guy who charged in should have a statue in the middle of town in his honor.

2 Likes

Some don’t sleep…an average of 22 military, veterans and first responders commit suicide per day…22 Kill…how many here were in the military or a police organization, and were faced with an order which at the time lacked the clarity of hindsight of the “real factors”, and decided unilaterally to disregard the order, effectively committing mutiny, then acted without consequence. Or even more rare, knew that the commander was in the wrong, disregarded the orders to wait for negotiators to deal with a barricaded person, and charged ahead, hopefully recruiting fellow mutineers to save the day. Of the almost 400 le folks responding that day, a handful made it inside the building. The first three responders to the door took fire through the drywall and instead of regrouping and going back, lost their nerve and momentum. This was a no win failure all around…but beware of throwing that first stone brother…and so it goes…

2 Likes

If Uvalde cops acted cowardly and incompetently, like in Parkland, I’d say they need to be trained, disciplined, fired.
But they were actively preventing civilians and even their own from rescuing children. This is accessory to murder. Someone needs to go to prison, so this doesn’t happen ever again, and so the “no duty to protect” bs doesn’t get to any law officer’s head.

2 Likes

I appreciate and respect your reply. Your points are valid and deserve paying attention too. Yes I served in our awesome Military- the greatest on the planet. I served a very long time ago- in Naval Intelligence.
I also worked closely with law enforcement as a civilian and you hit on a very valid point about taking orders or committing mutiny. I must say that being on a floating arsenal with over 5,000 men, (Carrier Eisenhower) Mutiny or even the thought, is quickly detected by the consequences of court Marshall and punishment. Law enforcement as far as I recall, doesn’t have the clout regarding punishment for not obeying an order- which brings me to a very important point: From everything I witnessed with the Uvalde tragedy, there were NO ORDERS, by the Sheriffs own explanation- he didn’t think he was in charge and no one took a leadership role this in this sad, sad situation, no law enforcement t officer could have committed “mutiny” because there were no direct orders to disobey. This is extremely difficult to accept. You have all this innocent children 8-10 years old, an innocent teachers and faculty- all unarmed servants. Yet, with no real leadership, no real orders to disobey, HIGHLY TRAINED, FULLY BODY ARMORED MEN, HEAVILY ARMED MEN- roughly 400- FOUR HUNDRED, STOOD BY IDLY and LISTENED… LISTENED, to a mass murderer commit a horrific crime killing roughly 20 children and a few teachers and faculty… LISTENED FOLKS, they didn’t RUN TOWARD THE GUN FIRE… they ran away- exactly opposite of what most well trained GOOD LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS DO… they were 400 heavily armed, trained men, with full body armor… and they either ran the other way, or stood idly by and did.NOTHING! This my friend is not throwing that first stone… this is pointing out a horrible failure on every level. How can another human being, 400 men, many of them fathers themselves, be ok with their actions and make up these lame excuses that they were waiting for this or that or no one knew who was in charge, or why law enforcement officers stopped to clean their hands on video tape just down the hall from where these poor innocent children and teachers waiting for over an hour and then were slaughtered by one deranged young person. ONE YOUNG UNTRAINED DERANGED PERSON AGAINST 400 (FOUR HUNDRED) WELL TRAINED, FULL BODY ARMOR, HEAVILY ARMED WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS, MEN… THESE LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL FAILED OUR CHILDREN, THEY FAILED ALL IF US, THEY FAILED THEIR COMMUNITY THEY FAILED THEIR COUNTRY. Now, if someone has evidence that all 400 men were told to stand down - wait until the shooting is over, wait until this idiot murders all these children, teachers etc., then it will be ok for someone to go in and kill this ONE FREAKING DERANGED PERSON… let me know… please. Because for the life of me I cannot get over this tragedy., I have friends, relatives who were/ are in law enforcement, not one of them nor any of their colleagues can come up with any legitimate explanation for this behavior and complete lack of action on the part of 400 Law Enforcement Personnel. Every time this comes up in discussion I get sick to my stomach. To be crystal clear, I personally have the utmost respect for our law enforcement men and women all over our country. But I just cannot wrap my head around this Ulvalde tragedy. I can’t imagine myself standing idly by doing nothing to help those kids… they should all be alive today but for some gross negligence that was on display at this school on that horrific day. My sincere apologies to all law enforcement personnel who put their lives in the line each and every day amd do a commendable job trying to protect and serve our communities all over our great country. But this Uvalde tragedy is a hard pill to swallow. Please, there are any law enforcement men or women out there that can shed some light on this tragedy and help me understand WHY NO ACTION WAS TAKEN, WHY NO ONE APPARENTLY TOOK CHARGE, WHY 400 ALLOWED ONE TO MURDER INNOCENT CHILDREN, WHY I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY DISCIPLINARY ACTION TAKEN FOR THIS EPIC FAILURE. I do know one thing for sure… if my child was in that classroom with this deranged armed young person, one of those 400 law enforcement officers would have had to shoot me to keep me from going in and getting my child and every my other parents child out of that classroom and killing the young armed deranged person if necessary even if it killed me to do so… there is no way in the world I could have stood idly by and LISTENED TO CHILDREN BEING MURDERED… BEING SLAUGHTERED… and I WAS HEAVILY ARMED WITH FULL BODY ARMOR… I WOULD HAVE GONE IN THERE WITH NOTHING BUT MY OWN FIREARM AND A DETERMINATION THAT EVERY LOVING PARENT KNOWS AND FEELS… AND ONE AGAINST ONE THAT BASTARD WOUND NOT HAVE BEEM ABLE TO KILL THOSE CHILDREN… I am 100% positive that every parent that loves their child and knows they would do anything to protect them even sacrifice their own life for th agrees with me 100%! Sorry for this ridiculously long reply… if I offended you or anyone else please accept my sincere apologies. Please take care, stay safe and have a great year. DC

2 Likes