Pocket Dump: What knife are you carrying?

A well placed strike with a 2.5" blade can do a lot of damage. Slashes where arteries are closest to the surface in the neck, armpit, elbow, wrist, inner thigh/groin area, and back of the knee can do a lot of damage.

This outside blog article has some interesting diagrams and discusses the depth in the body of different knife targets including if slashing or stabbing would be most effective for your self-defense in those areas.

1 Like

Thanks for this…I will print it out and place on workout wall.

Stay safe!

2 Likes

Be sure to check out that outside blog - they’ve got some great anatomy diagrams! (I used to be a massage therapist in another life and that anatomy knowledge has come in handy for martial arts training and self-defense.)

1 Like

Thanks Dawn,

Will do…

2 Likes

This is what i keep in my pocket for my EDC when i’m out and about in public.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/TOTAHO02/tops-knives-tahoma-field-knife-single-edged-1095-carbon-blade-tan-canvas-micarta-handles-nylon-sheath

This is what I keep on my belt when I’m in the woods, along with a Leatherman Wave in my pocket.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple of the nice Benchmade’s. Very nice knives but too thick for my liking.

2 Likes

Just a bit of hard earned advice. Never carry a non locking folding knife for self defense. You’re very likely to do more damage to yourself than your attacker.

2 Likes

Need some advice. My EDC knife was a Karambit. But it doesn’t fit on my gun belt. What can I do to put the karambit on my gun belt. Thank you in advance. image

1 Like

Should add that this is my off-hand weapon in case someone tried to grab my gun.

1 Like

Is the belt hole part detachable? Any way to swap that out? (I’m guessing not since you’ve probably already looked at that.)

What about using paracord or a thin leather strap through the holes on the knife sheath to attach it to a belt?

2 Likes

I thought about that and was wondering if it would be secure. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

I have paracord. I am going to try it. :smiley:

1 Like

There are lots of companies producing stand alone clips that will fit just about any belt, pocket etc you can think of.

1 Like

Kershaw 1170

3 Likes

I like my Kershaw too, @HARRY. Welcome to the Community!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Harry

2 Likes

image this is my edc. ZT0562.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @David29

2 Likes

Nice looking knife, @David29! How long have you carried it?

1 Like

This week was my old faithful Buck 112. I’ve had it for 32 years. Came in handy at kids church camp. Especially when building a boat out of cardboard, trash bags, and duct tape. The boat did carry me(6’1” and 275 lbs) about 10 feet. Then I swam 140 yards to teach the kids about not giving up, or quitting.

3 Likes