Pocket Dump: What knife are you carrying?

Do you find that you use the other tools on the knife, @BJP?

1 Like

Yes, especially the small screw drivers on the Curve. I used to carry a Leatherman Super Tool 2000. That thing was huge and weighed a ton and I mostly used the knife and the standard and philips screwdrivers. Now the Supertool 2000 is in a pocket in my 3 day bag.

2 Likes

@Ronin is that what the model I have is?
I just know it’s a mark of how much my brother loves me that he gave me his favorite knife.

My trusty Buck 450.

1 Like

It is. They are all AFCK’s, but there were several evolutions of them with slight changes. Originally designed by CJ Caracci, a US Navy SEAL who ran some different training programs in the civilian world after he got out.

I have an original AFCK similar to yours. If it has the butterfly Bali-Song logo on the handle it’s one of the oldest. Mine has that, but my newer one doesn’t. They upgraded the steel, made the liners thicker, and upgraded to the axis-lock instead of the liner lock on the originals.

1 Like

@Ronin. Nice!!! Learned something new :grin:
Thank you for the insight. I’ll thank by brother extra next time I see him :smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome, anytime!

1 Like

This picture is for scale on how small the Curve is. I also like that even being this small it is a
Lock-blade

2 Likes

ZT301S for real work. Gerber Air Ranger for everything else.

1 Like

Gave a Curve to my wife, she loves it!

2 Likes

The one you sent me😁 You’re still the best!!

1 Like

That’s TINY, @BJP! It seems like it would be hard to get a good grip on it… I’m totally going to have to get one to try it out!

1 Like

@Dawn I actually got it last August at Shooters Roundup at the Gerber booth.

Latter my wife added one to her Amazon wish list and one day it went to $5 for some reason and we bought a lot of them to give to everyone for Christmas.

2 Likes

I’d be buying a bunch too! They’re at about $10 on Amazon right now. (My browsing history at work is always so entertaining!)

1 Like

At least you can HAVE that browsing history… at work, my browser just says "you’ve tried to access an unsafe page - returing you to safety "
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Zee mine probably would too. Except I have not tried.

That is what cell data is for and using my own computers at home.

2 Likes

Mine is all work related, but I have some weird things come up with what I do. I had to set up word filters for our social media platforms. I notified IT, HR and my boss about the research I was doing on some slang… It was a funny conversation and an educational project. The filters have over 1500 words.

2 Likes

@Ronin - I found the exact model - it’s a Benchmade 805S TSEK - these things are going for over $300 on average! YIKES! I had no idea.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benchmade-805S-TSEK-Axis-G10-440C-Tactical-Large-Folding-Knife-Discontinued-FP/153208594780
thank you for getting me on the right trail, I never would have figured it out otherwise.

You’re welcome! I’ve never seen that one before, but it’s a pre-production and fairly rare, hence the price. I paid 350 for mine not long ago with better steel and the hole instead of thumb stud. Mine is D2 instead of 440c. The model number on my newer one is 806D2.

2 Likes

This is what’s legal to carry in Chicago a 2.5” blade…image

Not much, but it’s sharp and a work horse!

3 Likes