Pocket Dump: Home Protection

There are a lot of topics about beefing up your home security throughout the Community. From door jams to video cams, there’s a lot you can do to protect your family at home.

What non-gun tools are in your home-defense bag?

7 Likes

Dogs. Big, noisy dogs.

9 Likes

Alarm system

3 Likes

Alarm system and several motion sensors inside.

3 Likes

Porch lights, turn them in as soon as the sun goes down. Every now and then, I’ll wait until I go to bed, so Little Johnny Gangbanger doesn’t assume their on a timer. Night light inside the entrances. You would be lit up, while I’d still be in the dark, and could see you. Cooked bacon in the fridge. Always, repeat always double check the deadbolts.

5 Likes

Ring cameras at all doors covering front and rear of house.

3 Likes

Dogs “o” plenty. Extremely well stocked IFAIK, more knives than you would think, :bear: Mace, multiple flashlights, emergency bug out supplies, food and water for 3 days. Duct tape, zip ties, Paracord, fishing stuff, and I added this for you Dawn… A multi tool. Plus alarms.

Just added a 1300 lumen flashlight, we turned all the lights off and turned on the flashlight at the ceiling. It lit the house up better than the regular lights.

4 Likes

100 lbs. German Sheperd protection dog.

7 Likes

Blue Tick and Beagle Alarms Co, motion sensor floods @ deck & 4 corners, beefed up door jambs w/xtra long deadbolts, knives, clubs, and bats a’plenty, and thunder sticks.

4 Likes

Two toddlers at home we can’t ever seem to get all the legos/matchbox cars up and once you roll an ankle on those cars in the dogs weren’t awake they sure would be after that.

We also have clean landscaping out front and what plants we do have are next to all the windows none of which are friendly plants.

7 Likes

Have FOUR of these that continously roam the inside and outside of my property!

4 Likes

I spoiled myself with xfinity security, internet, and cable… Only $180 mtly, [first month]
& that time is an hour off lol can’t change it for some reason…

I dropped ADT though!

cam `1 $180 a month [first month]

cam `1

4 Likes

Welcome to the community Joseph. That certainly sounds like a deterrent to me :):+1:

1 Like

Very nice! Daylight savings setting maybe?

1 Like

That just brought back many memories of stepping on toys in the night. That’s a good deterrent :slight_smile:

Maybe we should sprinkle some around doors and windows :thinking:

5 Likes

My deterents are a 50 lb boxer/shepherd mix, 20 lb spaniel, and a 3 lb Chihuahua…

…you guessed it, the Chihuahua is the one to alert me to anything :grimacing::unamused:

3 Likes

4 dogs (3 Dobermans, and a fat lab).
Motion sensing security floodlights.
6 inch security striker plates on the doors.
Solid core door with lock on the master bedroom door.
I just redid the stairs and purposefully left the four bottom ones squeaky, although I don’t think that will matter with the dogs barking.
Wondering if anyone has used the tape you can put on windows to make them more secure.

3 Likes

Ring cameras, indoor cameras, 3 dogs(2 little yippy ones that alert the GSD), knifes, mace, ball bats.

1 Like

In our house it’s, “Dogs. Little, noisy dogs.”

At bedside, we each have a Smith & Wesson steel, expandable baton and a cell phone.

We also have a doorbell/camera, four outside surveillance cameras and a USCCA sticker on the window.

So far, so good…

1 Like

See if there is a Daylight Savings Time setting. I live in one of the states that does NOT switch to DST and back again each year, and I’m getting used to that kind of error.

Another issue is the time zone setting. These two will likely be found near each other on some sort of SETTINGS page.

2 Likes