Pocket Dump: Home Protection

Thank you @AlexV!!!

1 Like

Besides the Ring cameras and alarm system, something that my family has found very useful is a garage door monitor (LiftMaster). It’s a small device that we place in the kitchen and master bedroom that will beep when the garage door is opened/closed and every 3 minutes when it remains open. It also allows you to close the door from the device.

Some of the newer belt driven systems are so quiet that there were times where I didn’t even know when someone came home. Also, this prevents us from accidentally leaving the garage door open.

5 Likes

Okay, What is the cooked bacon for?

2 Likes

I don’t understand the question…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A midnight snack, as I double check the locked doors, and exterior lights are on. :grin:

3 Likes

:grin: Just wondering. I thought maybe the bacon was to bribe a guard dog.

4 Likes

@Heatherly

Does there ever have to be a reason for cooked bacon? :rofl::innocent::us_outlying_islands:

6 Likes

Bacon is the answer that needs no question! You might say it is the Chuck Norris of foods!!! Or is it John Wick?

7 Likes

Well, far be it for me to question two of Earth’s mightiest men. But Chuck Norris is wearing a breathing mask, during the Covid 19 outbreak. John Wick has a … pencil I suppose.

3 Likes

And here I was at work, with no mask, and no pen. But, I did eat some bacon and chug a Gatorade on the way there.

2 Likes

I like that and may use it… I think bacon may be Chuck Norris and John Wick rolled up in one.

2 Likes

All the protection I need!

6 Likes

My dog is worthless. He’d just lick an intruder or maybe bring him a toy.

I haven’t seen baseball bat listed, yet. Great defense tool and I’d bet most of you own at least one.

3 Likes

I put iron grates on all my front facing windows. I have a big dog watching the rear facing windows. I also installed Door Armor reinforcements to my front door.

1 Like

I have a baseball bat for playing baseball officer. It was never intended for a weapon. :wink:

2 Likes

I also have this if they get through my dog

3 Likes

5 blocks of C-4 :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Dusk to dawn and motion sensor lighting outside.
Security cameras outside. Security system, including motion sensors inside. Keep locks locked and double check before going to bed. Door bars, reinforced jams, extra long deadbolts, mylar on windows, reinforced steel door on bedroom, door wedges. I’m armed (pistol and rifle) and always have a flashlight.

3 Likes

In my kitchen cabinet I have pepper spray and 2 knives. I do have a security camera facing the front entrance to my home. Oh and I happen to have a couple of tire irons/ crow bars in the garage.

2 Likes