Picture is worth a thousand words

Hey folks, that is NOT a Blue Lives Matter flag. It is a ā€œThin Blue Lineā€ flag. Itā€™s meaning is altogether different, yet it has been declared racist and especially anti Black.

Wrong.

6 Likes

I respect protecting Black Lives from harm and discrimination. I believe that the work on this cause, especially from 2020 to 2021 especially brought this importance to light.

Some in my own large and extended family are Black, and I was raised among them. I like to believe that Iā€™m color blind, but learned that we all have biases which we fight within ourselves, if we are good or smart.

I believe that the ā€œmovementā€ of 2020/2021 made a difference in bringing to light, police brutality. My own family comes from a long line of officers throughout the country, yet I myself was a victim of police brutality, but my personal belief is for me not to generalize and blame all officers for one officerā€™s actions towards me.

One of my messages is if youā€™re a civilian who is not liking how an officer is treating you, please donā€™t yell or act out during the event. Once itā€™s all over, go through all proper channels to file a complaint, not unlike youā€™d do in your own job/office. Cool heads prevail.

I hope that there can be more education and training to help those officers who need it, to conduct themselves more professionally, although I think for the most part, they already do; Itā€™s possibly those few who might not, who get the attention, per se, just IMHO.

Remember how we honored all of them on the days and weeks following September 11, 2001; I still appreciate them in that same way today.

It breaks my own heart, but when I hear about ā€œBlack Lives Matterā€, even though thatā€™s also referring to my own family members, I canā€™t help but fear that ā€“ that methodology can be divisive, and hurt its own cause.

I think about others who were victims of police misconduct, who were not Black, and I wonder, what about them. Yes, Black lives matter, but I also wonder, are there certain issues which are more inclusive, such as other colors, persons of other backgrounds who are discriminated against, is police brutality important enough whereby we can then benefit everyone, of all colors, and help law enforcement as well.

When I was a child, I remember an officer helping me when I was bit by a dog; As an adult I was amazed how fast and effective they were in helping us when a fire broke out in our building. Other than to real criminals, can we view officers in more of a light of helpers, who fight crime, serve and protect; After all, they are true first responders.

5 Likes

I liked the story a guy told about going to Trump rallies, and sticking MAGA bumper stickers on antifa/protestorsā€™ cars so theyā€™d trash one anotherā€™s vehicles! :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks @Steven288 for the clarification on the thin blue line flag. I respect that sentiment and the very rough position LEOs are currently in.

However, it does show how easily different symbols grow to mean different things to different people regardless of their original intent. Thatā€™s why I think it is important to judge individuals by their behavior and not by the symbols they choose to display.

2 Likes

@Johnnyq60 Thatā€™s exactly my thoughts on the thin Blue Line Flag, others in my family would say the same thing Johnnyq60 Have a good one brother. :us: :us: :us:

1 Like

Sorry, but BLM is about Marxism not saving black peopleā€™s lives. If they cared about young black men they would teach respect for law and authority, but they teach rebellionā€¦

ā€¦and in so doing itā€™s costing black lives unnecessarily in a society that now has the pot thoroughly stirred.

7 Likes

@Steven288 thank you for the time you served and hopefully LE starts to get the respect they deserve.

2 Likes

@Steven288 ya- it might be better to RUN SILENT RUN DEEP & be prepared to meet the AKIKAZEā€™s of today.
( Isnā€™t That What We Practice For ). >>> SAD BUT TRUE <<<
:us::us::us:

2 Likes

My NC Sheriff Association Member decals have absolutely stopped an officer from even pulling me over in 2 Western states. You have speed limits suddenly drop by 20 MPH at times (really do)

2 Likes

Here is the problem. BLM are the ones that turned the Thin Blue Line into Blue Lives Matter. Then immediately accused the law Enforcement Community of countering BLM, and that meant the symbol was racist.

All that did was bring our proud symbol down to their political mud hole.

Meanwhile, no matter what you read on the internet, the Thin Blue Line saying was derived many, many years ago from The Thin Red Line created in 1854 for a British Army Unit.

It symbolizes the few in number who wear the Blue uniform and stand between a safe orderly society and that which is filled with violence and chaos.
Ironically, those seeking chaos in our society have purposely attacked the flag as they are trying to break down that essential Thin Blue Line. Please donā€™t buy their position, as it is Marxist / Maoist by their own admission.

Virtually all ā€œcontroversialā€ police shootings today begin when a subject chooses to resist a lawfully executed arrest. What could possibly go wrong???

I personally believe that when viewing the two sides of an argument, I turn to the word of God as only a fool argues with him. Romans 13.

7 Likes

That comment is spot-on. So many times, well-intentioned statements & symbols get twisted or outright turned around.

4 Likes

I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS TOPIC >> Picture is worth 1000 words <<< I THINK WE ALL GOT A BETTER IDEA ABOUT
EACH OTHERS FEELINGS FROM A GOOD BROAD CROSS SECTION OF PEOPLE.
ITS TIME TO PUT THIS HORSE OUT TO PASTURE

THANKS. Yours truly. BLACKY. :us::us::us:

3 Likes

Good Griefā€¦

2 Likes

ā€¦ like Stacey WAshington says, a ā€œpermanent tanā€ ā€¦ breathe, sheā€™s ā€˜blackā€™

2 Likes

When White people murder and kill Whites, is that considered White on White crime; and, do you ask why Whites are shooting random people in an institution be it work, school, or place of commerce? (NOTE BENE: Black people arenā€™t randomly shooting people in the proverbial neighborhood, they are targeting specific individuals that committed a transgression against them. And yes, on occasion there is an innocent bystander; but, they death isnā€™t intentional as with Whites and mass shootings.)

Clearly, you are ignoring how the Jewish community over charged the Black people for everything. E.G. In 1966 a zenith TV set sold for $66.00 in the White community in stores owned by Whites. That same TV set sold by Whites in the Black community sold for $78.89. While you are remembering all the Jewish shoppes, remember they over charged Black people, very rarely hired Blacks; and, for those shoppes that did, they paid Black people 30% less per job occupation than Whites. Your whole family would be poor and violent in those conditions.

Welcome to the family @Ellboogie and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

@Ellboogie >>>
this topic was closed by the Author. Please see the earlier post.
We know a lot about wrongs that people have done to each other. Even though we are going through difficult times please understand that some of us ( not all of us ) are trying to make things better not worse. There are some people that will continue to destroy any good progress that could possibly be made. If you havenā€™t already please read all of the listed information within the topic of a picture is worth 1000 words if you havenā€™t already. As I said this post has been closed. Please feel free to create another topic but I think everybody gave racial issues a good work out.
PS : welcome to the Community.
Truly
BLACKY. :us::us::us:

1 Like

THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED. SOON TO BE REMOVED. >>> A pictures worth 1000 words.

1 Like

I have been advised by attorneys to avoid stickers referencing guns. In todayā€™s crazy world having a ā€œcome and take itā€ decal invites some anti-gun liberal to call 911 and declare you pointed a gun at them. I try to avoid any unnecessary drama which means I also carry concealed in an open carry state.

2 Likes