Picture is worth a thousand words

Thanks for sharing the story. I grew up in New England in a very white suburb. The only couple of black kids in school were bused in from a nearby city. I later became very good friends with one of them and rented a house for a year with him and two of his cousins. I did get to see some of the racial issues first hand visiting his family home in the worst part of town and seeing some of the distrust he would experience in the better parts of town despite the fact that he is the most honest, giving and faithfully Christian person I know.

4 Likes

Prior to joining the Army, I was a NC State Corrections Officer. I had a version of the black flag/blue line sticker on my car-- instead of the thin blue line, it had blue barbed wire. I was actually pulled over by a local cop who simply wanted to know what the blue barbed wire meant. When I told her it was a Corrections Officer flag, she thought it was pretty cool, and sent me on my way.

3 Likes

@Busterdog >> criminals don’t have enough balls or the brains to.
:us::us::us:

1 Like

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale…

2 Likes

Exactly! If we had the Internet and social websites back in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s or before, you would’ve known that back then there were still the same problems as today. Only you didn’t know about it. Plus, the media has become total scumbags now with only wanting to show the bad stuff. If it bleeds it leads! Anything racist dealing with a black & white person, the world is coming to an end. The media and liberals are today’s enemies and biggest problems!!!

5 Likes

I hate it when people put bumper stickers on there cars regarding politics, religion or there idiot kids. It just stupid!!!

Can’t say I’m a fan of that either but the 1st amendment protects their right to display their silly stickers so I’m gonna respect their rights just as I expect them to respect my 2A and other rights:)

2 Likes

Hello,
I support BLM ever if you don’t.

It’s all about the “Politics of Division” that has been around for many years to a lessor degree but the Obama Administration brought to the forefront of culture. It seems almost comical to me now as I look back that everyone prior to his administration all seemed to be on the same page, all unified into what the problems in this country actually were. Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asian were United in their distrust of the real culprit. The Federal Government. But in those 8 short years of Obama’s reign he was able to totally destroy all the unity of “we the people”. Today I’m a firm believer that the damage might be irreparable. Or at the very least it will take decades to repair. We all need to get our heads togather on this folks, society and traditions that we all know exist depends on it. “We The People” need to realize that we are in charge. Those that we elect are only there to do our bidding. These lifetime appointments need to end with TERM LIMITS for ANY elected official for any real change to occur.

2 Likes

A good way to get your car keyed.

1 Like

I like the sticker, but maybe we should also support our men in blue by following the law so they don’t have to stop us for traffic violations and they can focus on real criminals? I don’t like imposing the dilemma on LEO to decide between a warning and a ticket based on whether the offender supports the retirement fund, displays a blue line flag sticker or not.

Hopefully the officer can determine that I support them through my courteous behavior and compliance with their instructions in the similar manner to which people will know whether I am a Christian. I am embarrassed when I catch myself sinning will wearing my cross. We should all be too embarrassed when we break the law while pretending to support our men in blue to ask for or expect preferential treatment.

1 Like

I remember those days, everybody knew everybody, where all the towns people watched out for all children. What happened??? Can someone please explain it to me???

2 Likes

10-4 :us::us:

1 Like

@Busterdog >>> you could expect to get your car keyed from assholes >>>>

1 Like

@Toney66 >>> we can support what ever we want but, that doesn’t give anyone the right to loot and burn. Some people just don’t get it. If demonstrations were conducted peacefully they might stand for something good instead of showing everyone that they are a bunch of stupid animals.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Tony66 and God bless you.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @John1187 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I support BLM also Blue Lives Matter. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Tony66 . I can definitively support any and all efforts that truly strive to end racism and inequality. However, it doesn’t seem to me that the BLM leadership has those goals at the top of their agenda. And I think many of the proposed solutions being pushed for in the name of BLM are costing the movement the broad support it had last Spring and actually harming the very people they claim to want to help.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @John1187 . I fully support your thoughts on this matter. We should not expect to get away with crimes due to any feigned or real support for the police.

On a side note- I have read of and seen the police pull people over for minor violations with the ulterior motive of fishing for bigger crimes and in some States fishing for property they can seize for the direct funding of their own departments. No disrespect for the LEOs here, they are following department polices and government mandates for the most part. But I think these policies create an unnecessary risk for everyone not to mention potential violations of individual rights.

We would all be safer (police and civilians) if we can reduce the number of unnecessary interactions. Maybe some type of automated warning and ticketing system for minor infractions and safety violations that doesn’t require pulling people over. If LEOs see these happening- take a picture of the license plate and send a notice by mail or email.

I’d rather see the Police spending their time going after real criminals than putting themselves and others at risk with tense traffic stops for minor infractions that are not an immediate threat to anyone.

1 Like