Parler is back up and running

Parler is back online again! :grinning:

3 Likes

I don’t see it yet.

1 Like

I didn’t either. parler.com wouldn’t resolve, until I searched for it through duckduckgo.com. Now I’m looking right at it.
Isn’t that interesting?

Now, the question for those of you security-minded individuals. Will you actively use Parler, or will you avoid putting your name out there knowing that it’s sure to be a target for activist hackers?

1 Like

The app still reports problems and the Web page still shows the same couple of messages from 1/18-1/21.

I agree it’s interesting that you couldn’t find it until you used duck duck go. hmmm…

I consider myself a reasonably security conscious person. I will probably use Parler cautiously, being careful how much I rail against the Man & what else I post.

1 Like

I am able to bring up my account in Microsoft Edge now, but not on the app. That’s to be expected as they get everything up to capacity.

1 Like

and I initially got the page to come up in Chrome on my desktop pc but the page didn’t seem to load right.
it did open in Edge to a Tech Difficulties page

They seem to be having some issues. I posted a few comments and none of them showed up yet. and the page loads inconsistently!

3 Likes

I have no inside info, but it’s possible the old app still points to the old site. I would delete it and re-install from the website now that’s it’s back online.

1 Like

can you reinstall without using the G…le store/appl store?
you mentioned install form the website - is the app available that way?

Yes. If you can get the new website to run, poke around and you’ll find links to the Apple and Android apps.

I can’t verify that the apps work; I haven’t tried it. But the original apps probably wouldn’t work given all that’s transpired.

2 Likes

and that may well be the reason why the app on my phone doesn’t work.

(app tells me it requires an update; I click ok, loops right back around to login page;
wash, rinse, repeat.)

Oh, wait. The Apple Store stopped allowing the app to be installed. That’s probably why I can’t log in via the app. When I attempt to get to the app from parler.com, I am told that the app isn’t available in my region.

1 Like

I am not certain why it shouldn’t. I think the DNS may not have fully propagated, and may resolve or fail on , eg., Xifnity vs Verizon differently for the next couple of hrs.
The site works for me, looks like you can create a new account if you wish to subscribe. I never had an account, may create one just to boost their customer base and thumb my nose at the thought censors.

2 Likes

Without seeing the code, I can’t be sure. But when my team pushes certain updates to our main web app, we sometimes have to push a mobile update to accommodate the change. I would think that being erased from the internet and finding a new host a month later could qualify as a significant change.

That and, as others have said here, the old apps don’t seem to work.

What matters, they got hosting, and can publish new mobile app packages there.

I wonder who their provider is. Who is not afraid of tech tyrants’ wrath.
The question that bugs me, why don’t they have a TOR address, neither Gab, nor Telegraph. Why not allow for strong privacy.

1 Like

Parler moves to Epik, domain known for hosting far-right content (businessinsider.com)

4 Likes

Noticed that my original Parler account/profile is still working. Though the Parler network operation appears to be slow - perhaps due to the volume of activity of going back on-line.

Business Insider didn’t miss a chance to smear Epik, Gab, and a bunch of other services and their executives, unrelated to Parler story… Why so angry at the world???

I guess everybody’s got to be mad at someone.

1 Like