Member of NRA and GOA
Etc

I am Hispanic/Latino though - so there’s that
Previously registered Democrat

2 Likes

Parler… :thinking:
Parler… :smirk:

oh… you meant this:

Parler is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service. It has a significant user base of Donald Trump supporters, conservatives, conspiracy theorists, and right-wing extremists. Posts on the service often contain far-right content, antisemitism and conspiracy theories such as QAnon. Journalists have described Parler as an alternative to Twitter, and users include those banned from mainstream social networks or opposing their moderation policies.
[Wikipedia]

:wink:

I just heard a story on the radio about Parler. They said existing users will be phased in this week. Not all user accounts have been imported.

New users won’t be able to create accounts until next week.

That could be why some of you see it but others don’t.

1 Like

I would give them a few days. One thing they said is they haven’t reactivated everyone’s account yet.

Personally I’m staying away. I wasn’t a big fan before, other than I like new players in social media instead of Twitter and Facebook (and Facebook owned properties) continuing to consolidate the market. So in that regard I’m happy they are back.

2 Likes

Ah, so the Ayatolla and various vitriolic celebrities must have used Parler!
LOL, what is the opposite of Wikipedia, opposite in terms of less lies?

I don’t have it back

Lohipedia… OMG… I didn’t know it really exist… :zipper_mouth_face:

I tried 3 different browsers on my iPhone. Apple’s would download the whole page. Duck Duck Go would but not let me log in. Google let me log in. Not much going on there though.

Wikipedia has some very good articles in the math, science, and history areas. When you look at current events, it’s a hot mess. Too many slacktivist editors out to change the world, and not enough people to counter them. In the case of the Parler article, you can look at the history and see that about the same time they became the scape goat for the Capitol riots, a group of people decided that Parler was… antisemetic??? They’re currently hiding behind a couple of biased news articles which they site as “reliable sources.”

I’ve long said that if we want to complain about Wikipedia, we should do something. The answer isn’t to run away from the fire, but to call in the bucket brigade. Usually biased articles are controlled by just a small group of editors. It would only take a few experience editors to stand up to them.

1 Like

The Parler app on my iPhone is working again.

I can’t find it on on the Google Play Store.

You can download it directly from the Parler website. Then ignore that message about downloading from untrusted sources.

Thank you!

I’m still having problems accessing Parler.

I finally logged in to see what’s happening. It’s pretty disappointing. Yes, it’s online, but barely usable. I can see some posts, but I can’t read comments. I can’t search or find new things. If they can’t find a way to make the platform actually work, then all this effort to get back online was wasted.

1 Like

I have one question, why would you want to join a group who sensors your comments? That just makes no sense to me.

I have yet to find the group that doesn’t censor my comments. :smirk:

@Ouade5
Try 1911forum, Glock Talk and Rugerforum. They’re not like this site. This site needs to watch what is openly said. It’s a legal CYA