iPhone Issues 🤬

Does anyone else start having issues with their iPhones every time a new one comes out? I’m tired of giving money to apple and googles no better but I got to have a smart phone for work…jeez

2 Likes

Did you mean… issues on older version while new comes out?
Yeah…common problem. You are receiving updates on older one to match OS with new…and bum…now you have a piece of crap and eventually will spend money for a new one… :slightly_smiling_face:

Money flow is a king… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You bet man, all about money.

2 Likes

I was forced by the switch to 4G to get a new phone, and the only option was now, a smartphone that could text with some reasonable ease. Next thing I know it’s networking with all kind of things I didn’t want it too and it wants all these permissions, half of which it had already granted it self. I turned them off, but they turn themselves back on! Well, when I turned off location tracking it REALLY didn’t like that! Now it harasses me constantly to turn it back on! The thing is constantly alerting on something or other, and all I wanted was a phone! I actually read through all the terms of use and such - but you may not want too! If you stop and think about what those terms of agreement give them permission to do, it will keep you awake at night!!!

Edit: It’s no wonder they are so well prepared to counter pro rights people, they know everything you do on your phone and computer, they know what you buy , where, and how much. they admit it in those user agreements if you actually read them.

2 Likes

That’s why i have a $40 piece of crap android.

But was dealing with hacking for a long time.

1 Like

Try to limit searches through Duck Duck Go
There is a setting under Settings and Safari then Search Engine
You can choose Duck Duck Go which gives you anonymous searching. You can also download the Duck Duck Go app.

3 Likes

My wife’s iPhone 8 started running slow when the 12 hit the market. As opposed to planning Apple’s game, you have to play the carrier game. Just switch from one to another and received free 12s plus gifts cards for each line.

1 Like

@KillJoy is DDG free?

1 Like

I am still running with the original SE not having any problems with it.

2 Likes

DDG or Duck Duck Go is free

2 Likes

Don’t care for iphones, imacs, ipads etc. Just me. But I’m curious why keep buying them if you have issues with the last model? Seems a waste.

no updates…no problems…
A_20201130_01

4 Likes

Apple got in trouble for doing this on purpose. They had to pay a huge fine because they purposefully throttle back old phones to convince you to upgrade. Never met an Apple product I like. Google is worse, but they don’t do this particular thing that I’ve heard, but Apple relies on everyone buying the new thing.

Microsoft does similar things, though they do seem less evil about it. When my Surface wants to update, eventually it will refuse to play YouTube videos. Once I update it, there’s no problem. I have an old desktop that crashes every time I try to update it, so I’ve never been able to install an update. Just this last week, it has stopped connecting to the internet at all. It says the DNS server isn’t responding, but every other computer works. This is a “feature” of Windows 10.

Do iPhones make good targets?

1 Like

The older ones do as they are smaller, the newer ones are like shooting at the side of a barn.

Don

1 Like

I’m curious to find out

1 Like

Actually, with the gold content, you might be able to get some money for them. It won’t be as satisfying as blowing it away, but it might get you a few more bucks.

1 Like

Depending on yardage

I upgraded to an IPhone 5 a couple years ago from a IPhone 3. I’m cheap and I don’t care about the Jones’s. I use a VPN & Duck Duck Go for a search engine. Only problem I’ve ever had with this IPhone 5 is I had to replace a battery.