email provider and client...

having nothing but trouble with emails lately…anyone got info on things like proton or others etc???

and no I don’t want gmail… or any other google crap etc…

want something not so easily tracked…

2 Likes

Proton mail is fine. You can get by with free version, and $50 get you functionality on par with gmail and a VPN.
What is your concern with tracking? Protonmail prevents routine abuse of your privacy, but it wont protect from Five Eyes. In case you want to be like Assange

1 Like

I’m having problems with Yahoo Mail today.

1 Like

I use Thunderbird and separate hosting.

1 Like

@OldDude49 like @Alexander8 was saying Proton email is not bad at all, I use the free version of Proton email, and for a VPN Ipvanish. :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes

@Mike270 every now and then Yahoo gets a hiccup, there’s two ways I’ve found to fix it when I have the problem. 1st open Yahoo app then slide the left side of the app to the right, find settings open settings find clear cache and tap on it, 2nd way is go into settings find the Yahoo app clear cache & clear the storage. I’ve used both options and after a reboot Yahoo was working again. Hope that helps. :us: :us: :us:

1 Like

US mail, You remember? Writing letters? lol :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :mailbox_with_mail:

2 Likes

need to know how many email addies on the free ones… right now tryuin out vivaldi will see how that goes

1 Like

And my dad wishes people would just talk on the phone to communicate, unemcumbered that not everyone has 1-3 hours to listen to a lot of nothing about nothing every day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow! starting to look like for some folks… seeing many complaining about same thing…

getting this error message…

error: login for outgoing server failed. server responds with: invalid greeting : this system is configured to reject mail from 47.224.226.9

then oddly enough it allows it later???

so perhaps a microsoft windows issue and NOT thunderbird or vivaldi???

doing some more looking…

1 Like

Check for thunderbird or vivaldi for updates if you haven’t already. Otherwise it is probably Yahoo! Microsoft has issued two updates in the past week as well, however it appears from that message to be more of a server error which you have no control over.

yep… and not real sure it’s the server… if it’s MS windows then no email can fix it for my system…

1 Like

Safety tip, many programs will not work on Windows 11. They have gone to a Linux base…

figures…

1 Like

just got an update from MS… will see how things go…

1 Like