Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram Outage

People who are highly dependent on social media might be specially irritated today so watch out.

8 Likes

Re- the 3 platforms all going down today…Good. The collective IQ of this country probably went up 10 points today :wink:

16 Likes

All three went down in unison? I thought it was dangerous to suddenly stop an addictive substance. I hope everyone will be ok!

8 Likes

Just imagine all the people that have used those platforms to “sign in” on other things. They now have no access to the “other” things. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but, it’s a little too Sci-Fi for me. Canned food and shotgun time.

9 Likes

I like books - no sign in, the batteries never die, and NOBODY knows you read it! much less what part you parked your cursor on. Cards and letters work like that too.

9 Likes

Permanent loss of these sites (and others) would be the best thing that could happen, IMHO. This forum is the closest thing to social media that I use.

11 Likes

People’s IQ :point_up_2:
Facebook’s shares :point_down:

…and I do not care… I’m still alive… :wink:

A 2021-10-04 16-58-51

8 Likes

I follow select Facebook pages but can live without them. I know how to use the local library if I needed information.

4 Likes

Here’s one take on the Facebook outage:

2 Likes

I wondered why I saw people actually talking with each other today…

7 Likes

I always setup separate accounts and use 1password to create random password strings. Now…if I lose my 1password :scream::exploding_head:

3 Likes

I vote to make it permanent

12 Likes

The good old PTSD claims will reach an all time high,

2 Likes

11 Likes

The only thing I “sign into” with Facebook is the phone games. I have different sign ones and passwords for everything else. I keep the passwords in the notes on my phone. And a hard copy written in a small notebook.

2 Likes

:scream:
In plain text?
You know the chain?.. your phone is backed up into the cloud, crackers break into your cloud account and get you passwords… and then… total disaster.

Hopefully you are somehow cutting this chain (fe. no cloud backup) :thinking:

If you lose the phone… you are doomed as well. Do not trust phone’s access security. :wink:

1 Like

Not in plain text. I leave a hint of some kind that only I would know.

On the notebook, at home, on the dresser. Yes those are just plain writing.

3 Likes

And, only for things like food apps (Sonic, Dominos, etc)

Everything else is a written down at home password.

3 Likes