Over the river and through the woods

It’s time to start planning your trip over the river and through the woods (and across four states) to Grandmother’s house for the holidays.

How many states do you travel through to get to your holiday destination?

• None, we’re staying home/hosting
  • 1 other state
  • 2 other states
  • 3+ other states

0 voters

Can you carry through those states?

• Yes
  • No
  • Only using safe passage laws

0 voters

Here’s some additional info on traveling with a firearm in your automobile:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/traveling-with-firearms/private-vehicles/

And our handy-dandy reciprocity map for your convenience:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

If we host obviously zero. If we travel we go thru 4 states because we drive a different route to avoid the entire state of Illinois

2 Likes

We are flying but have two lay overs. Not looking forward to TSA, but I’m following all laws and airline recommendations so should go smooth.

1 Like

We’re in Florida and we avoid traveling North between Hallowe’en and Mother’s Day. This year, our daughter and son-in-law aren’t able to join us, so it’s just us two.

3 Likes

I’m in Illinois. So is all the family I visit for Christmas. I have in-laws across the river in Missouri, so, I’m good there too if we go to see them.

3 Likes

Not going anywhere this year. I usually fly or travel by auto through many states in the course of a year, specially during the holidays, always taking at LEAST one firearm with or on me. TSA is not nearly as bad as many think. I’ve never had an issue except for hitting the ammo limit recently. Who knew! :grin: They made me take 200 rounds back to my car before they allowed my case to be checked-in.

2 Likes

You can alway send that extra ammo to the Moderators, we’ll take good care is it for you @Enzo_T!

3 Likes

You’re all invited to come shoot with me. Range is less than 10 miles from the beach :grin:

1 Like

What is this?

3 Likes

Did someone say extra ammo. I’ve been a good boy this year.

1 Like