Our Shameless Government

If you want an example of how despicable our government can behave, research The Atomic Veterans - I’d be surprised if any are still alive. This involved the testing of our nuclear cannon - “Atomic Annie” - in which unprotected troops were used as guinea pigs in the '50s - surprised? As too many people continue to create too many problems, we can expect governments to continue to make our lives cheap and cheaper - remember the supposed eradication of smallpox? You can bet at least one government lab has saved at least one strain for weaponization. FYI - Kurt17

2 Likes

Yeah this is America. Love this country. However we’re not so innocent. Lots of things have happened that are way out of line. Always something…

1 Like

Not forgiving anything but put your mindset into that of the 50s.

They had no idea. They even considered using atomic bombs to cut through mountains to build roads (whatever the hwy is that circumvented route 66).

They had no idea what dangers they were potentially people through. It was a BIG explosion. That was as far ahead as they were thinking at the time. Slowly they learnrd different and changed their perspective as evidence became available.

PLEASE dont think I am supporting what they did. They literally had no idea. Data took YEARS to realize what the side effects were.

2 Likes

“A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take it all away.” - Ronald Reagan

3 Likes

The Federal Government has gotten way to big. And it is now not what our Founders wanted. They wanted a SMALL GOVERNMENT RUN OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, AND BY THE PEOPLE. And yet here we are with the democrats wanting to have ALL OF THE POWER to tell you what you CAN OR CANNOT DO OR HAVE. And the Founders also gave WE THE PEOPLE a way to take back our country. And that is by ARTICLE V CONVENTION OF STATES. And so far there are 15 states that have passed resolutions calling for one. And it is in some form in ALL 50 states now. There needs to be 34-38 states to call for one in order to force Congress to call one. And ANY AMENDMENTS THAT COME OUT CONGRESS HAS NO SAY IN WHETHER THEY BECOME LAW OR NOT. Check out CONVENTION OF STATES web site here: COSAction
And yes I’m a volunteer for them as well.

1 Like

I couldnt agree with you more. It has been a death of a thousand cuts. Time for some bandages.

1 Like