Opinion of Kimber R7 Mako

Thinking about a Kimber R7 Mako. Any of y’all own one?

I can’t speak of the Mako but as far as I am concerned you can never go wrong with a Kimber. I have owned Kimbers for at least 15 years and they have been my EDC for that long.

6 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the mako is kimber’s first venture into the polymer frame.
I too have owned Kimber and love them. Currently I have a Kimber super custom carry 45.

2 Likes

Appreciate the information, I have researched this one and have yet to find a bad review. I am historically a Sig guy, have shot Kimbers and have always been impressed with them. Thank you for the reply.

You are correct on the polymer frame. This will be my first Kimber, historically a Sig guy. Have not found a bad review. Thank you for the reply and input.

My EDC is a Kimber EVO SP, I have nothing but good to say about it.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike

1 Like

Just picked one up recently to upgrade from my original shield. Only put a box through her so far, but no issues or failures. Some critiques/gripes for larger hands is that even the extended mag doesnt allow for the pinky to really catch on there. That would be the only thing i can understand some nit picking about. Which is actually a result of the way they contoured the grip and magazine to print less. And it is effective in that sense. Stippling is aggressive and works well. Trigger continues to get better as its broken in, and has little take up, coupled with a clean break and definitive reset for a striker gun. There are a few solid options for this high capacity subcompact market, and this one i would say is in top range for function/reliability and trigger. The deciding factor will be natural point and feel. I could not find a mako locally to hold and look at, so i just took the opportunity when i saw a good deal online. Hope this helps

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that @Benjamin101! And welcome to the community!!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Benjamin101

1 Like

Thank you for the input and opinions. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you! I received my uscca membership several months ago, but havent come across these boards/forums yet.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome

4 Likes