Kimber announced new gun

http://click.marketing.kimberamerica.com/?qs=ac01eae7bc0f39eeb1f97fad33954cb96caf5378c317160f726944ad7fa4e8be24f0a0c532f3922ecfe0fa1218915c25357357a759b73421d0ea65064c782561

4 Likes

Looks like they followed Sig with the factory stippling and the magazine extention design. Imitation is the highest form of flattery I suppose. Looks a little “top tall” or “top heavy” like the XD line too. I would be interested in hearing from anyone here who owns one.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

I agree 100% @Frank73! I love Kimber’s, I own 4 of their 1911’s but they are late to the party…

2 Likes

Youtubers hit the ground running with this one… Kimber R7 Mako reviews are all over the place.

3 Likes

I would stick to the Sig P365/365XL if I wanted a smaller gun.

3 Likes

I like it! Gonna find one to play with because it sounds like the trigger does not have the Glock wall. The price point is not bad either, MSRP of $599 with the milled slide or $799 with the CT optics factory installed.

4 Likes

I like the looks of it, the ergonomics and the reviews were pretty good. I have to check it out in my hand on my next trip to the gun store.

4 Likes

Enzo- please let us know your thoughts after you take one for a test drive- very interested to hear what you think of this new offering from Kimber. Thanks

1 Like

Sure thing!

2 Likes

Looks a bit top heavy but I’ll reserve final judgement til after I handle and shoot it.

1 Like

Great looking gun. I am “Old School”, not sure how I feel about the optics. Maybe they will send me one to compare (in my dreams). I shoot both iron and optic, but for carry gun just never found an optic “convenient”? I fully admit I never have been in a real life confrontation, but I have faced the adjudicator in other trainings. I dont know if the optic would make a difference or not. Under stress I go full cave man… Back to basics and what I know works (I am assuming). May be great if you trained with it enough and cloths didnt get in the way. I give this a neutral judgement until I ever have a chance to try it in real life.

1 Like

This is cool, I’ve been hearing rumors of a Shield arms 10 round mag for the G43. If that happens I may consider finding a G43 for summer.

Very similar to Ruger Max 9

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Armine and you are blessed to be here.

Thank you and have a great weekend

1 Like

Just went one gun show and 3 of my partner gun stores. No one has even seen one yet. Oh well, the wait begins…

3 Likes

That might make me dig my old 43 out of the safe. I retired it a year after the P365 came out. Don’t think I’ll have any interest in this Kimber but it is always good to see more options in the high capacity micro 9 world!

3 Likes