Kimber Master Carry

I currently own a Para Ordnance P13 Stainless Steel .45 and wanting to switch to a Kimber Master Carry Pro or Ultra. Does anyone have experience with Kimber?

2 Likes

I had a Kimber but I sold/pawned it. The slide release is the actual take down/field street lever. It scratched my slide when taking it off so I was upset. Didn’t want to deal with it any more. I do not miss or regret it though.

1 Like

I own an Ultra Carry II (9mm) and a Micro 9 with a laser integrated into it. I carry the Ultra carry daily every time I leave the house, and leave the Micro behind my headboard. I tried carrying the micro, but it just didn’t feel right. As long as the Kimber is clean, I trust it with my life. I say that ONLY because one day, I didn’t clean it after some range time, I carried it for about a month then was shooting in the back woods. Well the FMJ ammo that I was using (that I always use for practice) would not cycle well. I took it home and cleaned it, it was fairly gummy from dirty oil and lint from my T-shirts. I now make the time to clean it after every range day, and it has never skipped a beat since. I don’t own a .45acp, simply because I don’t feel the need, but I highly recommend the Kimber products.

2 Likes

So far liking my first Kimber. Mine is a TLE II, not familiar with the Master Carry guns.

My only issue with Kimber is their use of the Swartz (sp) type firing pin block safety. (Again, my opinion) but this is a solution looking for a problem
 My problem is if the little metal part that the grip safety pushes up to free the firing pin is broken (somewhat common problem if the gun is not carefully put back together) is you will have a gun that appears to work, but will not fire. The hammer will drop like it should, but the firing pin is trapped. I also dislike the Series 80 1911’s drop safety

Pretty easy to disable the Swartz stuff. Of course some people are not comfortable disabling any safety device on a firearm.

Besides that, I like it, accurate, ‘points’ well, good gun. :grinning:

2 Likes

Asking for brand advice is sure to open a can of worms. That said, there are a lot of people happy with Kimbers, and there are a lot of people who are on the other side of the fence and have good reason to be. That said, as you can see there are plenty of people happy with them, but for me, I would suggest you take a look at Dan Wesson 1911’s.

3 Likes

My mrs has a Kimber, a little finicky on type of ammo, BUT GREAT FIREARM. Their customer service repair center is in nw MT. EXCELLENT customer service!

welcome scooter!

1 Like

I carry a Kimber Master Carry Ultra .45ACP, equipped with Crimson Trace Grips. Never had any ammunition feed issues. Accuracy provides great peace of mind when out with family. Field stripping can be difficult, a spring retaining take down tool is required. But that is not enough to deter myself. I own 3 Kimber models, happy with them all. Quality, reliable firearms.

1 Like

I bought one of the first Kimber UltrCarrys that left the factory (pre II) decades ago. It’s a 3 digit serial number gun. The gun has NEVER jammed with anything I have ever fed it including target semi-wadcutters. I have owned MANY Kimber 1911s since then and there are 4 of them in the house right now including that first UltraCarry, which my wife confiscated from me as “her” gun years ago, my personal Ultra Raptor, a Pro Crimson Carry and a Pro Tactical. My son carries a Kimber Custom 25th Year Anniversary 1911 as his EDC. Another one that got confiscated from me.

The other ones that are no longer with me have all passed on to friends that wanted the pistols more than I did after shooting them and were quickly replaced with new Kimbers. I have owned them in every size and not ONE has ever given me ANY function issues, easily digesting anything I run through them and they have all been well above average accuracy wise.

Count me in as a huge fan!

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother be blessed.

I’m a Kimber guy!!! My EDC is a 3" Ultra + CDP and it’s an excellent gun. Just make sure you observe the 500 round break-in period on your’s if you buy it.

If you check out Kimber on YouTube you’ll find complaints about them jamming and malfunctioning. These are people who don’t read their owner’s manual, go out to shoot their gun, and get disappointed because the ignored the instructions.

As for me
like I said
it’s my EDC:

3 Likes