OOPS - Back Fired - Book Banning right here in Utah

Still haven’t shown how not trusting a liberal rag means a person doesn’t trust any news source.

1 Like

For comparison I lazily Googled

SSPI Leads Efforts to Confront CA Teacher Shortage - Year 2023 (CA Dept of Education).

According to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), there were more than 10,000 teacher vacancies across California during the 2021–22 school year.

4 Likes

I find most of the arguments from the right, to be based upon emotion and not actual data. There is not much there there…

For example, most of these right wing outlets still argue that the election process is so corrupt that we cannot trust it, unless that is of course when republicans get elected by the exact same process…

Its a closed circle, its not internally falsifiable…

And I find most liberal outlets still say Trump colluded with Russia even though that is proven false and came directly from the DNC.

2 Likes

MSNBC is the last hold out, Washingtonpost and NYTimes have rejected the report as new information came available.

What did they do, put on pg 96 in tiny print? I’ve never seen anything from any liberal outlet retracting this. Your input with a link would be useful.

1 Like

You still are lacking the evidence of how not trusting a liberal news outlet is proof of not trusting ALL news outlets.

1 Like

Banning predators from schools is not about politics. When I was a kid, these matters were resolved on the level of local sheriff, not state governor.

5 Likes

When I was a kid, matters like this were handled by the father and or parents of the children attending the school. The predator disappeared and nobody knew where he went.

4 Likes

Thank you for the link. I’m unable to open the link and it wants me to subscribe. I don’t care who it is I don’t subscribe. That said; the way the headline reads it appears to be from another outlet reporting. Yes I see the WP logo. I will look for a way to read without subscribing.

1 Like

Edit: The NY Post said the WP Post retraction was tepid n
Synonyms of tepid

• neutral.
  • lukewarm.
  • halfhearted.
  • unenthusiastic.
  • chilly.
  • icy.

Doesn’t sound like they tried very hard to correct the story.

1 Like

Apparently, they still believe in the collusion, as they did not state that was false, only doubts the source. Yes, Eric cannot reconcile the fiction of those sources from reality. His most amusing statement was his stating “I find most of the arguments from the right, to be based upon emotion and not actual data”, which is actually the converse of the truth, “follow the science”, 81 million votes, etc. LOL

“The original account was based on two people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide sensitive information. One of those people now says the new information “puts in grave doubt that Millian” was a source for parts of the dossier. The other declined to comment,” it continued.

2 Likes

By 2024, MSNBC will apologize for demanding to jail anti-maskers
By 2025, WaPo may start doubting 81 million
By 3035, CNN will be sorry for giving voice to race baters

The timing is everything though.

2 Likes

I think auto correct got you. A bater is a person that beats or pummels a hide to remove the lime during tanning. Then again you could be spot on. Thanks for the new word.

2 Likes

Ha ha, I totally read that as “race batter.” I’m glad you corrected both the writer and the reader. :laughing:

2 Likes

Would like to get your thoughts on this.

6 Likes

Presidential orders are only constitutional to the extent one is based on Congressional authority extended to the Executive.

3 Likes

LOL. Phone keyboards say the darndest things

2 Likes

The student got an F for providing the CORRECT answer?

6 Likes