On body or off body while driving in the car

@James1176 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

1 Like

@BRUCE26 & @Nathan57 I fully agree. Remember the video of the husband & wife in a truck stopped by protesters. These are some of the scenarios we can best learn from and both neg/pos actions.

1 Like

I think a lot depends on where you live. I live in an area where people have a high tendency of approaching vehicles at drive thrus and red lights and car jacking is the most common. I use a sticky holster for open carrying next to my right leg. I can literally have a full grip on it out of sight while driving with one hand. It takes a split second to put it back onto my person. It always stays in the holster so it is never unsafe. Grab and go. Versatile. I like versatile.

2 Likes

I do not wear a seat, belt so I do not have that problem.

You may want to reevaluate your personal safety priorities, in that case

2 Likes

I do not wear a helmet either, just for general information. Also, I do not believe anything the government says about COVID 19. Just Saying!

@LovingDoris Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:
P.S. Sorry it took so long for the welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Over 20 years in the ER as a nurse, please reconsider the use of safety equipment! Itā€™s got nothing to do with Government oversight.

3 Likes

Both!!

Aiwb daily for me all day regardless of driving,sitting etc. I put on my holster in the morning & donā€™t remove it until Iā€™m in bed in which case my nightstand gun is next to me then

1 Like

I never take off my pistol until I go to bed. I have driven 4 -6 hours with no issue. It will always be on me. I have a Center Console safe when I visit family in the hospital or my kidā€™s school.

I Never leave it under my seat or out of my sight! Unless it is in my car safe

2 Likes

Off body in magnetic holster. I donā€™t want to be messing around with safety belts, when I need my gun and Iā€™m realistically not getting my .300 Blackout quickly.

I carry on body always since in our state the weapon must be secured in a latchable (a little simplified explanation) compartment or trunk when not carried on the body.
On body is much better for me than having to reach for a console etc.
I donā€™t have any compartments in my trucks where I can have my gun as the only stored piece. Depending on what else I have in the compartment, this could become a safety issue.

3 Likes

Every time a gun is handled there is a risk of unintended discharge.

Taking it out of the holster and putting it into the console, glovebox, under-the-seat ā€œgun safeā€ or trunk - and then retrieving it from the console, glovebox, under-the-seat gun safe or trunk to reholster runs the risk of a very scary goof-up.

And the odds of a handling mistake several times a day are much greater than needing to shoot someone while youā€™re being the wheel.

4 Likes

My crossdraw carry givves quick and easy access in all situations.

3 Likes

Are you talking about a holstered firearm or none holster firearm?? I never take my gun out of the holster, even when I need to put it in my console safe.

1 Like

You remove your holster from your belt? Do you put the holster/gun back on before you get out of the car?

The only time I unholster is when I go to my kidā€™s school, hospital, or any place that does not allow firearms. So yes, I take my holster off and stick it in the truck safeā€¦ Maybe I am the crazy lol-- I have a fear of taking my gun out of a holster and leaving it in my truck safe -

1 Like

Iā€™m on-body in the car, but take the holster off the belt when locking up to enter a prohibited place. Holstered gun goes into the safe ā€” a loaded gun is only out of a holster when loading, to unload, or to shoot. Thatā€™s a personal safety practice. So I use holsters with clips.

1 Like

Yes I do-- I Get back in my truck and put my holster back on. I carry AIWB. easy to take on and off.

1 Like