Ohio Judge Returns Fire to Defend Himself

There’s a meme going around different social media right now about an Ohio judge who was shot at outside of the courthouse. He returned fire and a probation officer also returned fire. The attacker was killed.

It’s a great example of why we should be carrying for our self-defense. It isn’t a recent story - it happened in 2017. But the example of why it’s so important to carry is as vital today as it was in 2017.

Have you seen the meme? What were your thoughts?

3 Likes

Haven’t seen the meme, but I did find this interesting:

(Sheriff) Abdalla said he had urged the judge to carry a gun.

“If you’re sitting on the bench you have to carry a gun because there are so many nutcases out there that want retaliation,” he said.

2 Likes

I remember reading that report.

Do either one of you have a report on if he survived or not? (The judge)

2 Likes

I believe the judge had a flesh wound and the attacker was killed. Not sure if it was the judge’s shot or or the parol officer who came to the aid of the judge’s shot that killed the attacker.

This article has more details:

4 Likes

Judge and Parole official are fine. All good.

3 Likes

Good news guys!

Thanks @Dawn & @Robert8!!!

4 Likes

Yes Sir!
I read your full report you mentioned about your own incident that was terrible. You just never know, people unfortunately need to be prepared for just about anything. I’m sorry about your wife’s occurrence also Randall, I will keep you both in my prayers.

3 Likes

@Robert8,

Thank you so much for reaching out!!! It means the world.

One day at a time we shall heal…

Like I told @dawn, we will get to meet him/her in heaven.(That statement really helps me and Leah).

3 Likes

@Randall318 Well although that has never happened to me personally and I hope it doesn’t but being a Funeral Director has made me acutely aware of miscarriages and how it affects a couple especially the woman. I mean I have seen everything Randall every type of death you can throw at me I have seen exponentially I could talk for days on it, but miscarriage was what really made me feel for people.

2 Likes