November Target Competition

Daayyyyyuuummmm @Jerzees 's got skills!!! Ya shoulda gone with 9, 7, head and you coulda done a Mel Gibson :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

next time… Maybe @Dawn will make “Smile Face” competition one day :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been always impressed with that range scene in “Lethal Weapon” so one day I’ve decided to give a try… And I’ve done it :muscle:… however the only pistol I’ve been lucky with → PPQ… I couldn’t do this again with CZ, nor 1911 :thinking:

Thank you anyway… I’m blushed… :relaxed:

2 Likes

Target arrived! I zipped up to the range this morning and did the challenge.
Said 10 yards - meant 10 feet.
Glock 19, 115gr

Photo:

Video:
Portrait video - yuck. I’ll do better next time.
I thought I could edit this on YouTube studio.
I can’t. So vertical video this month, landscape next month.

5 Likes

@Sully_LST
:ok_hand::clap:

2 Likes

Spreading out the shots was very classy of you. I kinda dig that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

Too busy working on finger placement and not slapping trigger. See what I mean? Don’t think I’m ready to try that. These were with G45.

3 Likes

Didn’t realize until today that my wedding band messes with my grip.

3 Likes

@John150 Ah, wedding bands can be hurtful. Sometimes you can roll you support hand forward a bit then concentrate on squeezing the back of the gun with the heel of that hand. Mike Seeklander has some great videos about it on YouTube. He talks about opening and closing a jar with each hand.

Good shooting, though. Keep at it. You’re going to get great at this quickly!

1 Like

I’m a lefty, on shooting hand. I got an injury from my fingernail on trigger finger scratching my support hand thumb. If I place the first joint on trigger it happens. I have medium sized hand with long fingers.

1 Like

I also thought about changing backstrap, just worried it would change my grip more than help with finger placement.

1 Like

I run into that with my G43. After maybe 50+ rounds in a session I get a bruise on my right hand knuckle from the band hitting it. Only happens on this small grip though, so maybe for you changing the backstrap would help

1 Like

Ok, Here are my submissions. I actually shot it twice. I shot 1 for concentrated groups, and for my second target, I took inspiration from @Jerzees and went for singled out shots. I pulled my shot marked “3” in the X ring a little low right from what I intended, so I failed to keep them all from touching, but overall happy with it. I shot the concentrated groups target with a Sig 226 and the singled out target with a STI 4.0 Tactical that has a Trijicon SRO riding on it.

6 Likes

Love it! Your guys are so creative!

1 Like

I’m not setting any records here…

40 S&W, it was cold (35deg) and dark (overcast at 4:30p) and I had to shoot at 21ft (7yds) as there were people on the range so I couldn’t take any RSO liberties like I normally do when no one is there.

I think what I learned is that my front sight needs to be higher viz…as I did fine when aiming at the big red dot, but as I start moving further from it, my group spreads (and I was probably rushing the last group to finish up before it got any darker/colder).

Center group was round 1 (had two flyers, low right, group to the left was round 2 (had one flyer low right), and group to the right round 3 (three flyers two left, one high)…I circled the groupings with silver pen and marked a silver X at my aim point for each grouping. Not too bad I guess for 21ft. 63pts (18pts center, 30pts left, 15pts right) I’ll try and shoot it again next week at the assigned distance.

4 Likes

Ok, and there it is at 10ft from this morning…still cold, but much better lighting (amazing how it works like that). One flyer at the end (right side low) but decent grouping overall. Still using the carry gun in .40 S&W. I guess it’s a little bit of a cheat since I did run it on Saturday… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@JamesR - what a difference the situation can make!

2 Likes

Since this is the first monthly competition of our fun little group here, I think we are all winners!

3 Likes