November Target Competition

You asked for it and here it is!

The first Target Competition in the USCCA Online Community!

One of the big challenges will be getting targets that are similar for everyone to use. So to kick this series off, we’ll start with the basic silhouette target that can be found at most ranges or gun stores.

Distance: 10 feet
Rounds: 30
Objective: get 10 shots in every other circle of the 5 areas (For example on this target: X, 9, 7) If you have less areas, choose 3 areas. Mark the misses!
Scoring: 3 points for each shot in those areas.
Perfect score: 90 points

In this example, the X’s are misses and the O’s are hits. Remember only 10 in each circle.

Post your target by the end of November. Questions are always welcome!

The winner receives bragging rights for a month, their target featured on the USCCA Instagram page with their Community Username, a USCCA Winter Hat, and a Community Competition Winner badge!

This is not an official contest, this is a competition - anyone can participate by posting a picture of their target. No purchase necessary.

5 Likes

Are these the targets we will use ongoing? Should I stick up, is my real question.

Also, time? Type of action? Carry gun? Competition?

1 Like

Ok so I marked up the 8 misses out of 30 rounds. First 20 rounds at 15 yards (I punched it in wrong) last 10 rounds at 10 yards.

I’ll take it for the first time shooting this .45.

Oh and I didn’t cheat (Dawn was watching).

4 Likes

@DBrogue I count only 4 misses. Lines are good !

1 Like

I was counting on he lines misses. the two at the bottom are hard to see in the picture but they are both out and not on the line.

2 Likes

Ok. Didn’t see those!

El’Snatcho strikes again!

BTW: nice shooting. You can be proud of that target!

1 Like

Thanks, but it does tell me I need to get out more. There was a time back in the day I would have been laughed off the range for shooting this bad. (In my family I was considered just above average.)

1 Like

Lines count as good.

Whatever gun you would like to use is good. And if you can use a similar target that would be great! I know not everyone will have the exact same target so I’m good with making adjustments and allowances.

1 Like

@Dawn Ordered some. Boss looked at me funny. We have 500 of those FBI target and oodles more of standard ones from NRA.

I think he thinks I nuts. :slight_smile:

I’ll do it this week. Taking Monday and Tuesday off. I’ll get some of the other guys to do it too.

1 Like

I want clarification on distance. @Dawn’s post said 10 feet, but I believe the first target by @DBrogue was done at 15 and 10 yards. Want to make sure I don’t cheat distances.

1 Like

It was feet not yards. Sorry about the mistake

1 Like

No worries at all. Just didn’t want to skew the results.

1 Like

So if I get the gist of this drill correctly its 30 rnds total 10 in 3 different locations at 10’. So can I use three 2" Shoot n See’s on a blank target? I will even stack them one on top of the other 2" apart.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Feet? 10 feet ?
Ok. Probably don’t need a special target for 10 feet.

Tape up some index cards, or business cards.

1 Like

Guys, Make this Competition even, it shouldn’t be a problem to use any B27 target. I’m gonna shoot black version (only this one is available on my Range).
I don’t think “business cards” or “Shoot n See” are good targets to compare results.
Maybe next time, when @Dawn makes “bullseye” competition.

2 Likes

Just do your best to create something close. Next month I’ve got a downloadable target for everyone to use. :slight_smile:

It’s the first time we’ve tried this and e knew there’d be some bumps… We’ll consider this a practice round for everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good warm up round :wink: I’ve just come back from Range. My target will show up soon…:ok_hand:

3 Likes

OK, OK, your going to make me figure out what I did with my Trans-Star 2 Targets and haul them out to the farm this Friday. I got’s me a brandy new 1911 that needs to get the feathers shot off it so I know if I have to fix anything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Here we go. I love competitions :slightly_smiling_face: (unfortunately have no time for any gun matches)

X field was too small to put 10 separate holes…

7 Likes

@Jerzees just going with OooOOoooo! :+1:

2 Likes