Nightstand Pouch

I wanted to share something I found in a Clint Smith video today. He suggests having a night stand pouch that you can hang around your neck. You could put spare mags, a light and he suggests a phone. The pouch doesn’t take up a lot of room like a belt or a vest. It will fit in a nightstand drawer without taking up too much space. You won’t forget mags or a light in a quick response at night. If it hangs around your neck, you don’t need pockets or any kind of clothing to respond to a home invasion. I will be making one.

Here’s where I saw this (1:00)

4 Likes

Interesting. I like the concept, but I think there’s a better way. A pouch on a string around my neck is going to bump around and not be in one consistent space. As a female, It would be even more uncertain due to certain biological differences… You get the point.

I would suggest having a go-to belt that you can snap on where everything would be in the same general location all the time. I don’t want to fumble with finding a pouch, then finding the extra magazine somewhere in the pouch, getting it oriented correctly in my hand to do a tactical reload… I’d rather just grab it off my belt from the same general placement of where I carry it daily. I know it’s oriented right because that’s how I train for self-defense with my EDC.

I like the idea, but I think we can do it better. Like Colonel Steve Austin, we can build it better, faster, stronger… :laughing:

7 Likes

I use my Galco shoulder holster in that regard. It takes up less room than a vest or stiff belt with pouches attached. I can put it on in a flash already having a spare mag or two, all ready to go, and with it my hands are free to do whatever. If one wanted the firearm always in-hand, the holster component could be replaced with more ammo pouches (for other items), knife pouch, etc. Some lights will fit in one of the spare magazine pouches, too. I often use this setup for winter carry.

2 Likes

Do you mean like this one?

I was using a belt but went to the pouch, it’s easier to get on and carry and I still have room for more. I found the pouch at Goodwill for $6.00 brand new. :wink:

4 Likes

I like that! I found a decent bag I could throw over my shoulder. It was hard to find and it was $18 :sweat_smile:, you got a good deal. I live in a small house (1300 sq ft). I love my house, it’s the perfect size for my family, BUT if I have to respond to a potential break in I don’t have a lot of time. I think throwing a bag over my neck or shoulder will be a quick motion over throwing a belt around my waste or fiddling with a vest (It’s also a cheaper solution). Even if it’s sloppy or uncomfortable, I’ve got everything I need to quickly respond.

1 Like

My wife would have found a bargain like that. :+1:

2 Likes

@Johnnyq60 I have found so much gear and tools at Goodwill over the years it’s unbelievable.
Chainsaws, Camelbak back packs, duffle bags, military gear, boots, clothing, scopes, fish poles and other gear. I found 2 scopes from the 50s or 60s, all steel, a fixed 4 power and a 3x9 and in a little baggie next to them were the original rings and screws in very good shape. What a find.
We go 3 to 4 times a week and it depends on the location of the store as to what you find, all at 10 to 20% of the regular cost and many items of a quality you don’t see any more for sale new.
The best store is here in Shawano. :wink:
We also have a large Flea Market here and this is where I find most of my tools (Nancy buys mostly yard stuff). :roll_eyes:
Garage sales are big here in the summer and you just never know what you will find. :+1:
If your not hitting these places you are missing out and can save $$$.

2 Likes

I sometimes go to GoodWill, Salvation Army, and Sparrow’s Nest (although it was usually to check out cheap furniture while in college). It seems like (at least for furnishings) the selection got better the further I was from a city… of course, the larger the city I was in, the further away I had to travel to find things that weren’t bought from WMrt.

3 Likes

Man my wife always takes me on a wild goose chase to the goodwill and Salvation Army. :joy:

1 Like

Just had the Idea from James reeves at TFB, Fannypack nightstand set up.

Imagine being a bad guy being approached by a butt naked person with a Fanny pack and a gun… I think they’d mess their pants from that alone.

I’d imagine a quality Fanny pack could even hold a holster in case that’s needed. Put a spare mag, flashlight, maybe even some first aid stuff. Quick to put on too.

3 Likes

5.11 makes one, I have this one and it works well, it will hold a pistol with a 3in. barrel best.
It has 2 mag holders in the front flap. I got mine at Goodwill for $5.99. :grinning:

4 Likes

Early warning system. When your in for night active your perimeter guard on your alarm ( your ) mine that monitors windows & doors set for Instant. ( system has very loud alarm horn outside ) If someone sneakers into your house with out you knowing when your home whats a good pouch to have.
PS: don’t forget to disarm Before exiting & rearm.
That same perimeter system stoped a attempted burglary at my house.
:us::us::us:

1 Like

3 Likes